Hold the Ashbourne Development Responsible for the Environmental Impact of their Runoff
0 have signed. Let’s get to 200!
We ask that the CalAtlantic Homes at Ashbourne halt further construction until the past, current, and future damaging storm runoff is addressed to the satisfaction of the WestPark Residents. The environmental impact of the clearcutting and runoff that is coming from their site into WestPark has caused:
1. Clay-colored gushes of water through properties abutting the new development during times of heavy rainfall.
2. This clay-colored water has been pouring into the main WestPark Pond. WestPark residents have witnessed this and photographically captured the runoff coming from Parkcanyon drain pipes and simultaneously captured the clear runoff from Park Meadow flowing into the same pond.
3. The main pond in WestPark has been clay-colored for weeks-not clearing at all-despite rainfree days.
4. The main pond at WestPark's aquatic life could have immediate or long-term impacts due to the quality of water they are exposed to. The WestPark aquatic life includes carp, catfish, bass, sunfish, turtles, geese, ducks, etc.
5. The need to have the main pond at WestPark dredged due to the damaging runoff.
6. The concern about a lack of retaining wall along key properties that abut the CalAtlantic Homes at Ashbourne and are currently experiencing creek-like runoff from this new development.
Specifically, we ask that CalAtlantic Homes at Ashbourne take swift action to prevent any further environmentally damaging runoff from occurring. We also request that CalAtlantic Homes at Ashbourne be held financially responsible for the dredging of the main pond at WestPark and any care needed for the aquatic wildlife linked to this damaging runoff. We also ask that CalAtlantic Homes at Ashbourne revist their retention wall plans and meet with significantly impacted WestPark residents with properties abutting their new development and come to a mutually-agreeable new retention wall plan.
Today: Karen is counting on you
Karen Carter needs your help with “CalAtlantic Homes by Ashbourne: Hold Ashbourne Responsible for the Environmental Impact of their Runoff”. Join Karen and 175 supporters today.