- Joan Manuel Tresserras i GajuMinister of Culture and the Media
- Jordi Ausàs i CollMinister of Governance and Public Administration
- Joaquim Llena i CortinaMinister of Agriculture, Food and Rural Action
- Carme Capdevila i PalauMinister of Social Action and Citizenship
- Joan Saura i LaportaMinister of Home Affairs, Institutional Relations and Participation
- Montserrat Tura i CamafreitaMinister of Justice
Bullfighting in Spain
In 2012 Cataluña will become the first region of Spain to ban bullfighting. The ban which passed last summer codified a motion passed in December 2009 banning the cruel sport with a majority vote.
This law amends the country's animal cruelty law to recognize fighting bulls as animals safe from torture.
Please sign the petition below thanking Cataluña for passing this law, and encourage these elected politicians in Cataluña to take their humane message to the National Assembly where it can become national law making bullfighting illegal throughout all of Spain.
- Minister of Culture and the Media
Joan Manuel Tresserras i Gaju
- Minister of Governance and Public Administration
Jordi Ausàs i Coll
- Minister of Agriculture, Food and Rural Action
Joaquim Llena i Cortina
- Minister of Social Action and Citizenship
Carme Capdevila i Palau
- Minister of Home Affairs, Institutional Relations and Participation
Joan Saura i Laporta
- Minister of Justice
Montserrat Tura i Camafreita
As an animal advocate, I applaud the steps which have been taken in Cataluña to ban bullfighting.
I encourage you to take your humane message of compassion to the National Assembly where it can be presented and deliberated in the Congress of Deputies and in the Senate. Bullfighting must be banned throughout all of Spain.
Please know that I personally appreciate all that you are doing to ban bullfighting in Spain.
Thank you for your time and consideration in this matter.
Bryan D. Freehling started this petition with a single signature, and now has 2,039 supporters. Start a petition today to change something you care about.