The Indian Border Security Force (BSF) personnel operating at the Bangladesh border had indiscriminately shot and killed more than 1000 people (Indians and Bangladeshis) in the last 10 years. No BSF soldier has been prosecuted for any of the killings or other abuses.
We would like to attract your attention on serious of incidents of gross human rights violations by the posted Border Security Force personnel. We are perturbed with the fact and reality of continuous human rights violations including killings spree by BSF personnel at the Indo- Bangladesh bordering district.
So therefore urge the BSF and the Government of West Bengal:
1. To stop all human rights violations at the Indo-Bangla border region
2. To record the statements of the victims immediately and cases investigated;
3. To take immediate actions against the responsible personnel;
4. To provide immediate medical treatment to the victims of human rights violations.
5. To pay interim compensation to the victims until permanent arrangements are made to resettle them decently.