Stop Brooklyn Bridge Park Pier 6 Development - Gone Awry!
This petition had 3,975 supporters
- Parks are for "people and plants," not skyscrapers and shadows from skyscrapers; southern area of park is needed green space for southern Brooklyn residents
- We, the people, are giving away green space, beyond our lifetimes, to pay for shorter lived park amenities; BBP finances should be more transparent
- Real estate development should reflect the local community and context; 30 stories is too high! and goes against prior planning agreements
- Northern park lux condo buildings under construction, Pierhouse by Toll Brothers, will only be 10 and 5 stories
- One Brooklyn Bridge Park (historical building nextdoor to Pier 6) is 14 stories, new proposed Pier 6 building will be at least 30 stories! 2x as high! and 3x as high as Pierhouse!
- Why is southern Brooklyn Bridge Park being treated differently than the north Park area?
Please stop the development on Pier 6 and leave this green space to the community! At a minimum, return to prior agreements, and limit the height of the building to the height of the Toll Brothers' Pierhouse (10 stories)!
***RFP to DEVELOPERS HAS BEEN RELEASED ***
***Developers proposals DUE JULY 21 ***
Press Release: http://www.brooklynbridgepark.org/pages/pier-6-rfp
Thank you! #SavePier6
Other things you can do! 1) ask your Brooklyn friends and neighbors to sign this petition 2) Join "Save Pier 6" on Facebook 3) Twitter @BilldeBlasio #SavePier6 4) email us with advice and suggestions! WE need your help!
email the mayor directly,
***Board of Directors: the 17 Decision Makers ***
Alicia Glen, Chair - NYC Deputy Mayor For Housing and Economic Development, formerly, Goldman Sachs’ Urban Investment Group
Peter Aschkenasy – Brooklyn Heights resident, longtime community participant, FEDCAP Boardmember, Lindsay administration, former restaurateur
Steven M. Cohen - Brooklyn resident, lawyer, Zuckerman Spaeder LLP, Former Chief of State for Cuomo
Henry (“Hank”) B. Gutman – lawyer, Simpson Thacher, New York League of Conservation Voters board member
Edna Wells Handy - NYC DCAS Commissioner, Mayor De Blasio appointee to this board
Shari Hyman - President and Chief Operating Officer of the Battery Park City Authority
Kyle Kimball – President, NYC Economic Development Corporation
Stephen Levin – NYC Council Member, District 33, representing impacted Brooklyn neighborhoods
Stephen Merkel – lawyer, Cantor Fitzgerald Executive Managing Director
David G. Offensend – Brooklyn Heights resident, New York Public Library, COO, formerly Evercore Partners and Lehman Brothers
John Raskin – Board Representative for Daniel L. Squadron, NYS Senate Senator, 26th District
Mitchell Silver – NYC Parks Commissioner, Mayor De Blasio appointee
Daniel (Danny) D. Simmons – Brooklyn resident, writer and artist, also serves with Brooklyn Academy of Music, among many other cultural organizations
Nanette Smith – Former secretary to Bloomberg's Chief of Staff, Patti Harris
Anne Strahle – Chief of Staff for Joan Millman, Assemblywoman for Brooklyn, District 52
Joanne Witty – former head of Brooklyn Bridge Park Corporation, former Environmental Defense Action Fund
Regina Myer, President of Brooklyn Bridge Park Development Corporation since 2007, formerly NYC City Planning, formerly New York City Department of City Planning (DCP)
Today: Lori is counting on you
Lori Suzanne needs your help with “Bill de Blasio: Stop Brooklyn Bridge Park Pier 6 Development - Gone Awry!”. Join Lori and 3,974 supporters today.