Delay the rezoning of East New York, Brownsville and Cypress Hill area to allow sufficient time for community input.
This petition had 411 supporters
We urge you to support these key principles for the redevelopment of Cypress Hills & East New York:
1. Creation of permanent affordable housing based on the average income brackets in the neighborhood.
2. Guarantee policies to prevent displacement and preserve affordability of small homes.
3. Assure that living wage jobs results from the rezoning.
4. Preservation of manufacturing businesses.
5. Commitments to new schools, early childhood centers, higher education facilities & a community center.
6. Improvement of transportation, infrastructure & safety in our community.
7. Creation of public green and open spaces.
8. Guarantee full participation and input from the community in the planning process.
For more info on the rezoning of East New York please view the link below.
Today: United Community Centers, Inc is counting on you
United Community Centers, Inc needs your help with “Bill de Blasio: Delay the rezoning of East New York, Brownsville and Cypress Hill area to allow sufficient time for community input.”. Join United Community Centers, Inc and 410 supporters today.