Stop the re-introduction of water fluoridation in Bedford Borough
0 have signed. Let’s get to 1,000!
In 2014 renowned medical journal, the Lancet, declared Fluoride a neurotoxin; a substance which is poisonous and destructive to nerve tissues and can be linked to a range of neurological disorders affecting the brain.
The water in Bedford Borough is currently not fluoridated and in 2011 the council voted unanimously to cease the practice after Mayor Dave Hodgson proposed the resolution, but no action was taken. It is hoped by achieving a target of 1,000 signatures Bedford will join a long list of towns around the globe who have successfully campaigned against water fluoridation.
We need lots of signatures from across the UK and from around the world to ensure the council takes the necessary action to cancel the contract with Public Health England and Anglian Water. So please sign wherever you are.
Did you know...
- 36 studies have linked fluoride with reduced IQ in children
- Fluoridated countries do not have less tooth decay than non-fluoridated countries
- Fluoride in water is linked to thyroid problems which causes weight gain, depression and tiredness
- Swallowing fluoride provides no benefit to teeth
- It’s not just drinking water that is a problem, research has shown that showering and bathing in fluoridated water can be more harmful.
- For infants, fluoridated water provides no benefits, only risks.
- The fluoride added to water is a by-product of the fertiliser industry
Check the facts at www.fluoridefreebedford.org
If a decision is made to fluoridate the water supply this can’t be reviewed for 20 years. Currently the Council is conducting a consultation before a final decision is made. This is our chance to finally put an end to plans to fluoridate our water.
Today: Fluoride Free Bedford is counting on you
Fluoride Free Bedford needs your help with “Bedford Borough Council: Stop water fluoridation in Bedford Borough”. Join Fluoride Free Bedford and 530 supporters today.