- Janice BaliAnimal Welfare Association
- Theo L SambuagaThe Jakarta Globe
- ChairmanCouncil of Asian Liberals
- FounderAustralian Electoral Commission
- FounderBali Proccess
- Cynthia Moss, ManagementPerforming Animal Welfare Society
- Main OfficeElephant Nature Park
- David, FounderThe David Sheldrick Trust
- ManagementElephant Safari Park
- Dr. Francine NeagoBali Endangered Animal Rescue
- Yudisthira Swargaanimal welfare
- Head of Organization (Elephant Sanctuary, Hazyview)Elephant Sanctuary, Hazyview
Bali Elephant Camp: STOP daily abuse!
Sumatran elephants in Bali are often exploited. The Bali Elephant Camp, not to be confused with the 'Elephant Safari Park', is composed of inexperienced employees who use abuse to "train" these poor elephants. These sensitive animals are hanging on by a thread, their ages range from 0-15 years+. Babies are separated from their parents and chained to cement blocks, while the larger and more capable elephants are brutally beaten into moving through the daily routine. These poor animals are sick, distressed, and suffering. The amount of abuse they endure on a daily basis is devastating. Elephants at the camp are to go through a very strict routine, as tourists are instructed to sit on the teak wooden chair and pat the elephant's head while they trudge through water, walk in circles and sit on tiny logs while smiling for pictures. If they fail to complete this task, they are beaten with a bullhook, or what the employees call "elephant remote control", in plain view. These animals have large holes in their heads, and deep cuts on their bodies. Trainers have been quoted after their alleged abuse with comments such as " We breaking them in' before use them for ride" and "stupid stubborn animal and he got what he deserved". Please, do your part to help STOP anymore abuse, and shut this cruel camp down! Every voice makes a difference.
- Animal Welfare Association
- The Jakarta Globe
Theo L Sambuaga
- Council of Asian Liberals
- Australian Electoral Commission
- Bali Proccess
- Performing Animal Welfare Society
Cynthia Moss, Management
- Elephant Nature Park
- The David Sheldrick Trust
- Elephant Safari Park
- Bali Endangered Animal Rescue
Dr. Francine Neago
- animal welfare
- Elephant Sanctuary, Hazyview
Head of Organization (Elephant Sanctuary, Hazyview)
Please CLOSE this vicious Elephant Camp and stop their daily abuse!
Laura Binder started this petition with a single signature, and now has 2,531 supporters. Start a petition today to change something you care about.