Miriam Defensor Santiago for a Posthumous Quezon Service Cross
This petition had 5,284 supporters
The Congressional Quezon Service Cross is the highest decoration of national recognition awarded by the Republic of the Philippines to citizens. It is awarded to Filipinos who have exhibited exemplary service to the nation in such a manner and such a degree as to add great prestige to the Republic of the Philippines, or as to contribute to the lasting benefit of its people.
Since its establishment on October 21, 1946, the award has only been given to five men.
- Ambassador Carlos P. Romulo of Camiling, Tarlac | April 12, 1951
- President Emilio Aguinaldo of Kawit, Cavite | June 12, 1956
- President Ramon Magsaysay of Iba, Zambales | July 4, 1957 (posthumous)
- Senator Ninoy Aquino of Concepcion, Tarlac | August 21, 2004 (posthumous)
- Secretary Jesse M. Robredo of Naga, Camarines Sur | November 26, 2012 (posthumous)
On June 15, 2017, the 72nd birth anniversary of Miriam Defensor Santiago, we have started campaigning for the late Senator Miriam of Iloilo to be considered for this very prestigious rank of honorees in our nation's contemporary history. Initially, the conferment was planned to occur on her 1st Death Anniversary on September 29, 2017.
What transpired on September 29, 2017 was the surfacing of this thrust into the radars of the Congress and Malacañang. As of December 5, 2017, President Rodrigo Duterte has officially nominated her to Congress through a letter to Senator Koko Pimentel.
Let the next man be a lady - The Iron Lady.
Today: Julius is counting on you
Julius Fernandez needs your help with “Award a posthumous Quezon Service Cross to Miriam Defensor Santiago”. Join Julius and 5,283 supporters today.