Improve patient access to marijuana, a natural medical plant
0 have signed. Let’s get to 200!
This petition is about opening access to medical marijuana for Australian patients, as have countries overseas who some for over 20 years have prescribed marijuana for varying medical conditions such as:
• Alzheimer’s Disease
• Auto Accident(s)
• Back & Neck Problems
• Brain Injury
• Chronic Nausea
• Chronic Pain
• Crohn’s Disease
• Eating Disorders
• Gastrointestinal Disorders
• Hepatitis C
• Irritable Bowel Syndrome
• Kidney Failure/Dialysis
• Multiple Sclerosis
• Muscle Spasms
• Muscular Dystrophy
• Neurodegenerative conditions
• Palliative care
• Parkinson’s Disease
• Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
• Sexual Dysfunction
• Sleep Disorders
• Spinal Cord Injury/Disease
This is not a complete list of treatable conditions, there are many more. And if a physician recommends that a patient be given marijuana to address their symptoms. Even if this is a placebo effect, a patients rights to access all medical treatments offered must be granted.
At common law, all competent adults can consent to and refuse medical treatment
And generally speaking, a patient has three main rights:
1. the right to decide whether or not to undergo medical treatment, after receiving a reasonable explanation of what the treatment involves and the risks associated with the treatment
2. the right to be treated with reasonable care and skill by a health care provider
3. the right to confidentiality of information about medical conditions and treatment.
Today: Kevin is counting on you
Kevin Moore needs your help with “Australian government department of health: Improve patient access to marijuana, a natural medicinal plant”. Join Kevin and 198 supporters today.