Make Austin's Streets Safe for Everyone
This petition had 83 supporters
Austin is on pace for a record year of traffic fatalities. At our present rate, nearly twice as many people are going to die on Austin's roads this year than in 2014. That number doesn't even take into account the sometimes debilitating and life-altering injuries people sustain on Austin's roads every day.
Austin's City Council needs to make traffic safety a priority now. We want to live in an Austin where it is safe to walk, bike, and drive on our streets. In order to achieve this goal, we want City Council to do the following:
- Narrow Austin's traffic lanes--a measure that is proven to reduce traffic speed and increase traffic safety
- Devote more of the city budget to improving and maintaining pedestrian and bike infrastructure
- Increase the number of cross walks and traffic signals--including Pedestrian Hybrid Beacons
- Fully fund both the sidewalk and bicycle master plans
- Pass the Action Plan expected this year from the existing Vision Zero Task Force into City policy
Today: Marshall is counting on you
Marshall Escamilla needs your help with “Austin City Council: Make Austin's Streets Safe for Everyone”. Join Marshall and 82 supporters today.