Although the above video should explain everything here is a synopsis of the horrific acts of Safe Haven.
Safe Haven NO KILL Animal Sanctuary of Sussex County board of directors and executive director Anne Gryczon have mismanaged the "no-kill sanctuary" since the hiring of Anne Gryczon as executive director. This has caused numerous activities that are not in compliance with Federal and State Laws.
1) Failure by the Board of Directors to follow Delaware Code, Title 3, Section 80, § 8003. Animal adoption, recovery, and rehabilitation.
(a) Animal shelters shall be open to the public after normal business hours, including evenings and weekends, to increase access for the purpose of adoption.
2)By killing 19 dogs, the week of November 11, 2013 failure by the Board of Directors to follow Delaware Code, Title 3, Section 80
§ 8004. Euthanasia in animal shelters.
(a) Any dog, cat or other animal held by or in the custody of an animal shelter and not adopted, transferred to another shelter or animal rescue group, or reclaimed by the owner within 5 days may be euthanized, provided that no reasonable alternatives are available and the requirements of subsections (b) and (c) of this section are met.
(b) Animal shelters shall ensure that the following conditions are met before an animal is euthanized:
(1) The holding period for the animal required by this chapter is expired;
(2) There are no empty cages, kennels, or other living environments in the shelter that are suitable for the animal;
(3) The animal cannot share a cage or kennel with appropriately-sized primary living space with another animal;
(4) A foster home is not available;
(5) Organizations on the registry developed pursuant to § 8003(d) of this title are not willing to accept the animal; and
(6) The animal care/control manager certifies that the above conditions are met and that such manager has no other reasonable alternative.
Delaware Animal Advocacy Guild
PO Box 860