This petition made change with 369 supporters!
Recently the Anderson Park District committed to purchase land from Beech Acres Parenting Center contingent upon a November levy.
Sparked by the potential purchase of the this property, the Anderson Park District, Forest Hills School District, and Anderson Township trustees have been in discussions for several months to explore options for the use of this land that will benefit all of Anderson Township, including our parks, our schools, and our local economy. This is a unique opportunity with the potential to benefit Anderson Township residents for decades to come. It would benefit every person who calls Anderson “home.”
So why does your voice matter? Why should you care enough to do something?
Our leaders need our encouragement to know WE WANT THEM TO CONTINUE COLLABORATING! Our leaders need to know we want them to keep talking, keep researching, and keep looking for a solution for the best use of the Beech Acres land that satisfies everyone. We are encouraging our leaders to come up with a plan that makes progressive, forward-thinking decisions that protect its residents' quality of life and home values.
Now is the best time to ask yourself:
- What is it about Anderson that makes you continue calling it home? The parks? The schools? The restaurants, stores, and residential options?
- Are our leaders doing everything possible to keep our property values high?
- Do Anderson’s current services and amenities meet your needs and those of your family?
The actual petition:
We, the undersigned, would like leaders from the Anderson Park District, the Forest Hills School District, and the Anderson Township government to:
- Fully explore the needs of Anderson Township and work together in the spirit of collaboration and satisfaction for all Anderson Township residents, which includes the best use of the Beech Acres land.
- Look for creative, wise solutions to potential roadblocks.
- Remember we’re all on the same team – set aside past disappointments and disagreements.
- Keep the end in mind: A healthy, thriving community, including the best in education, economy, and recreation.
“We support a plan that moves Anderson Township from good to GREAT!”
Today: Anderson Township Concerned Citizens is counting on you
Anderson Township Concerned Citizens needs your help with “Anderson Park Board, Forest Hills School Board and Anderson Township Trustees: A-town #good2GREAT!”. Join Anderson Township Concerned Citizens and 368 supporters today.