- Alexis PodestaGovernor’s Director of External Affairs
- Bob Wieckowski25th Assembly District State Assembly Member
- Ellen Corbett10th Senatorial District, State Senator
- Don GageSanta Clara County Oversight Board Chair
- Santa Clara County Supervisor Ken YeagerPresident, Santa Clara County Board of Supervisors
- Cindy Chavez
- Steve SzalayState Dept. of Finance
Allocate funds for the Northside library
The State of CA and County of Santa Clara have forced the City of Santa Clara to halt the Northside library project. The redevelopment ( RDA) funds pledged to this project are under siege and the State Governor and Department of Finance is expect to demand the return of these funds, possibly halting this library permanently.
Even though the City of Santa Clara recognized the great need for a library in this high growth area north of Highway 101
And even though the City of Santa Clara committed to build the library decades ago, setting aside redevelopment funds to do so.
And even though the the building is now 99% complete, and the community expects the new Northside Branch to open in December 2013
The State of CA and Santa Clara County want the funds to go to them and not to the Northside Library. Consequently the County of Santa Clara has issues a temporary restarting order and the City of Santa Clara has notified the Library Foundation & Friends to immediately halt the project.
Don't let the local RDA Successor Agency nor the State Finance Director and Governor stop this plan to complete the Library this year! Tell State & County Government that the commitment and spending of this money was pledged years before their request. Tell State & County Government you expect their LEADERSHIP not finger pointing, and want them to work together to get the library opened.
- Governor’s Director of External Affairs
- 25th Assembly District State Assembly Member
- 10th Senatorial District, State Senator
- Santa Clara County Oversight Board Chair
- President, Santa Clara County Board of Supervisors
Santa Clara County Supervisor Ken Yeager
- Cindy Chavez
- State Dept. of Finance
The community has long awaited the opening of the Northside Santa Clara Library. We request your support to resolve this issue and give the Northside Library to its residents. The community stands behind this request. Please allocate funds for the Northside Library, and let it open!
Santa Clara City Library Foundation & Friends started this petition with a single signature, and won with 1,206 supporters. Start a petition to change something you care about.
Today: Santa Clara City Library Foundation & Friends is counting on you
Santa Clara City Library Foundation & Friends needs your help with “Alexis Podesta: Allocate funds for the Northside library”. Join Santa Clara City Library Foundation & Friends and 1,205 supporters today.