- Alderman Tom TunneyAlderman, 44th Ward Chicago
- Mike LufranoVice President of Community Affairs, Chicago Cubs
Alderman Tom Tunney, Chicago Cubs: Don’t Turn Lakeview into a Parking Lot.
Don’t turn Lakeview into a parking lot. Lakeview is a vibrant community that doesn’t need more traffic and pollution. Adding more parking for Wrigley Field will only bring more cars to our neighborhood and make traffic even more unbearable. Please invest in environmentally sound solutions like bicycling, walking, transit, and shuttles that benefit us all
- Alderman, 44th Ward Chicago
Alderman Tom Tunney
- Vice President of Community Affairs, Chicago Cubs
Don’t turn Lakeview into a parking lot. Lakeview is a vibrant community that doesn’t need more traffic and pollution. Adding more parking for Wrigley Field will only bring more cars to our neighborhood and make traffic even more unbearable.
We welcome residents and visitors who come to Lakeview for the restaurants, shops, games and nightlife. The Cubs and your office should work together to improve transportation options and make good, profitable use of existing garages and lots. As one parking lot owner expressed in the Wrigley Field public hearing, she doesn’t want more competition. Current spaces don't fill to capacity even on game days, and many sit idle in winter, adding little to the community.
Please invest in environmentally sound solutions that don’t put more cars on our streets:
• More, and more visible, bike parking on game days
• Ticket discounts and/or promotional days for bicyclists, walkers, transit and shuttle riders
• Marketing and signage on transportation choices (including the Cubs website)
• Shared parking (e.g. at neighborhood schools and institutions)
• Smart phone apps that direct drivers to available parking
• Investments in sidewalks, bike lanes, bike corrals and bus stops
• Transit passes offered in ticket packages
• Parking study on inventory, pricing and demand
In 2011, Wrigley Field inspired entrepreneurs to invent a smart phone app that directs people to available parking (SpotHero). Let’s keep working on innovative, 21st century solutions and not pave paradise to put up a parking lot.
Eric Hanss started this petition with a single signature, and won with 236 supporters. Start a petition to change something you care about.
Today: Eric is counting on you
Eric Hanss needs your help with “Alderman Tom Tunney, Chicago Cubs: Don’t Turn Lakeview into a Parking Lot.”. Join Eric and 235 supporters today.