Album "Hands" to be remastered and released on vinyl form
0 have signed. Let’s get to 200!
HANDS was a short-lived symphonic progressive rock American band from Texas whose sound has been compared to GENTLE GIANT, JETHRO TULL, and HAPPY THE MAN, as well as the inevitable nods to early KANSAS.
Shroom Records released a collection of the band's early recordings on CD in 1996 which was critically acclaimed but made little commercial impact. The label also re-released the band's lone studio album from 1977 though, which did manage to find a small audience in the Midwest.
This amazing record never saw the light of day as a vinyl form, unfortunately. One can listen to it online here:
In the video's top comment and its replies there is a conversation between Steven Parker (bassist and vocalist of the band) and several fans.
To the question:
"This album is fantastic. Was there ever a vinyl issue?" by JadeWarrior666,
mr. Parker replies:
"Sadly, no. Most of it was distributed locally on cassette after each recording session. My step-brother, Richard Patz, released this compilation CD on his indie label ShroomAngel in 1996. I'd love to see it remastered and released on high quality vinyl. If enough people expressed interest in having it on vinyl, I could speak to him and the band about the possibility."
This is the chance to show him and the record labels, that there are people still interested in their amazing music, who would be willing to buy this record for a decent price, so he and his bandmates can finally get the recognition they deserve.
There is even a remastered version of the original album artwork, made by a fan
featuring the sketch "Habit de Musicien" by Nicolas de Larmessin (courtesy of Bibliothèque nationale de France).
(taken from progarchives.com)
Line-up / Musicians
- Skip Durbin / flutes, saxes, oboe, clarinet, various other woodwinds, keyboards, percussion, backup vocals, composer
- Steve Parker / bass, guitar, keyboards, drums, percussion, trombone, vocals, composer
- Ernie Myers / guitars, mandolin, drums, percussion, vocals, composer
- Paul Bunker / viola, violin, vitar, quatro, keyboards, percussion, backup vocals, composer
- Michael Clay / keyboards, piano, tubular bells, electric guitar
- John Rousseau / drums, tuned percussion, percussion, backup vocals, composer
- David Carlisle / bass
- Mike Barreyre / guitar
- Sonny Sollel / saxophone
- Tom Reed / vocals
- Shannon Day / keyboards
- Gary Stone / vocals
- Mark Menikos / violin
- John Fiveash / drums and percussion
Today: Jason is counting on you
Jason Grigoropoulos needs your help with “Album "Hands" to be remastered and released on vinyl form”. Join Jason and 99 supporters today.