Agri-Food and Veterinary Authority (AVA) of Singapore: Be accountable for their actions and maintain standards of integrity
This petition had 502 supporters
The Agri-food and Veterinary Authority (AVA) of Singapore took in a micro-chipped Golden Retriever, ostensibly to help find its owner, but subsequently put the dog to sleep. This despite the finder saying she would re-home the dog if the existing owner could not be found.
We feel that this represents an act of gross callousness, if not negligence or even dereliction of duty! We at More on Paws and Claws would like to petition the authorities to initiate an enquiry to address:
1. Flow of communication from member of public (finder) to decision maker
2. Point of failure in communications and protocol
3. Why the finder was not kept updated on dog's health?
4. Why didn't they seek humane alternatives before point of no return?
5. Is the system capable of catering to the needs of lost and found animals, via robust tracking and situational updates?
6. If not, why not, in light of the RPO campaign?
7. Who were the responsible persons and decision makers in handling this case?
8. Is retraining of staff needed, or perhaps staff more empathetic to animals' fates?
9. Is redesign of SOP required, to prevent further occurrences?
If, like us, you feel that the civil service should be accountable for their actions, please sign our petition. If like us, you believe that every life is precious, even an animal’s life, please sign our petition. If like us, you feel that we should no longer stand for sub-standard service from the public sector, please sign our petition. Finally, if like us, you want to see our government maintain standards of integrity and not deteriorate into an uncaring and robotic organisation, please sign our petition!
Please read the following articles for more information:
Today: More on Paws & Claws is counting on you
More on Paws & Claws needs your help with “Agri-Food and Veterinary Authority (AVA) of Singapore: Be accountable for their actions and maintain standards of integrity”. Join More on Paws & Claws and 501 supporters today.