- Jong-Sup Chong 행정자치부 정종섭 장관 (MINISTER OF GOVERNMENT ADMINISTRATION AND HOME AFFAIRS)MINISTER OF GOVERNMENT ADMINISTRATION AND HOME AFFAIRS
- Ki-Moon Ban 국제 연합 반기문 사무총장 (Secretary General of the United Nations)Secretary General of the United Nations
- Young-Ho Oh 대한무역투자진흥공사 오영호 사장 (PRESIDENT OF KOREA TRADE-INVESTMENT PROMOTION AGENCY (KOTRA))PRESIDENT OF KOREA TRADE-INVESTMENT PROMOTION AGENCY (KOTRA)
- Kyo-Ahn Hwang 황교안 국무총리 (Prime Minister of S. Korea)Prime Minister of S. Korea
- Seong-Kyu Yun 환경부 윤성규 장관 (Minister of Environment)Minister of Environment
- Governor Nak-Yon Lee 전라남도 이낙연 도지사 (Governor of Jeollanamdo Province)Governor of Jeollanamdo Province
- Jong-Deok Kim 문화체육관광부 김종덕 장관 (Minister of Culture, Sports and Tourism)Minister of Culture, Sports and Tourism
- Sam-Yeol (Samuel) Koo 국가브랜드위원회 구삼열 위원장 (Chairperson of Presidential Council on Nation Branding)Chairperson of Presidential Council on Nation Branding
- District Manager Hyung-Shik Choi 담양군수 최형식 (Damyang District Office, Jeollanam-do 전라남도 담양군)Damyang District Office, Jeollanam-do 전라남도 담양군
- Jeong-Boo Je 법제처 제정부 처장 (Minister of Government Legislation)Minister of Government Legislation
- Hyong-Pyo Moon 보건 복지부 문형표 장관 (Minister of Health & Welfare)Minister of Health & Welfare
- Geun-Hye Park 대한민국 박근혜 대통령President of S. Korea
- Jae-In Moon 민주당 문재인 국회의원Leader of Democratic Party (Opposition Party) of S. Korea
- Moo-Sung Kim 김무성 새누리당 당대표LEADER OF THE SAENURI PARTY OF S. KOREA
- Han-Gil Kim 김한길 민주당 당대표Leader of the Democratic Party of S. Korea
- Ui-Hwa Chung 정의화 대한민국 국회의장Speaker of the National Assembly of S. Korea
- Kyung-Hwan Choi 최경환 국무총리겸 기획재정부 장관DEPUTY PRIME MINISTER AND MINISTER OF STRATEGY AND FINANCE
- Byung-Se Yun 외교통상부 윤병세 장관Minister of Foreign Affairs and Trade
- Dong-Phil Lee 농림축산식품부 이동필 장관MINISTER OF AGRICULTURE, FOOD AND RURAL AFFAIRS
- Seung-Chung 식품의약품안전처 정승 처장Minister of Korea Food And Drug Safety
- Hyun-Woong Kim 법무부 김현웅 장관Minister of Justice
- Young-Guk Park 해외문화홍보원 박영국 원장Director of Korean Culture and Information Service
- Chang-Soo Jeong 한국관광공사 사장 정창수CEO of Korea Tourism Organization
- Woo-Yea Hwang 교육부 황우여 장관MINISTER OF EDUCATION
- Yang-Hee Choi 미래 창조 과학부 최양희 장관Minister of Science, ICT and Future Planning
- Hee-Jung Kim 여성가족부 김희정 장관MINISTER OF GENDER EQUALITY AND FAMILY
- Min-Koo Han 국방부 한민구 장관Minister of National Defense
- Kihl-Jae Ryoo 통일부 류길재 장관MINISTER OF UNIFICATION
- Ki-Kweon Lee 고용노동부 이기권 장관MINISTER OF EMPLOYMENT AND LABOR
- Il-Ho Yoo 국토교통부 유일호 장관Minister of Land, Infrastructure and Transport
- Ki-June Yoo 해양수산부 유기준 장관Minister of Oceans and Fisheries
- Geun-Myeon LeeGeun-Myeon Lee Minister of Personnel Management
- Jung-Haeng Kim 대한체육회 김정행 회장PRESIDENT OF KOREAN OLYMPIC COMMITTEE
- In-Ho Kim 한국무역협회 김인호 회장Chairman & CEO of Korea International Trade Association
- Jin-Tae Kim 검찰총장 김진태Prosecutor General of Supreme Public Prosecutor’s Office
- Sin-Myeong Kang 경찰청장 강신명Commissioner General of Korean National Police Agency
- Sun-Hwa Rha 문화재청장 나선화Administrator of Cultural Heritage Administration
- Ho-Young Ahn 주미 한국대사관 안호영 대사Ho-Young Ahn Ambassador of the Republic of Korea to the United States of America
- Sung-Nam Lim 주영국 한국대사관 임성남 대사AMBASSADOR OF THE REPUBLIC OF KOREA TO THE UNITED KINGDOM
- Bong-Hyun Kim 주 호주 한국대사관 김봉현 대사Ambassador of the Republic of Korea to Australia
Abandoned dogs are left in cages with the rotting carcasses of their dead friends and must be rescued!
작년겨울부터 썩어가는 개 사체와 함께 개장 안에 방치되어있던 전라남도 담양의 개농장 개들을 구조해주세요!
Click to read and see the photos: http://koreandogs.org/damyang-dog-farm/
This petition supports the efforts of Korea Animal Rights Advocates(KARA) to get the Damyang District Office to rescue the surviving dogs left in wire cages with the carcasses of dead dogs at the illegal dog farm in Damyang, Jeollanam-do, South Korea.
This is a translation of campaign news by Korea Animal Rights Advocates, posted on August 18, 2015: Dogs live in fears of death every day in an abandoned meat dog-breeding farm. 방치 된 개농장에서 하루하루 죽음의 공포와 싸우는 개들.
For more than half a year, bodies of dozens of dead dogs were left to rot in cages at an illegal meat dog-breeding farm in Damyang, Jeollabuk-do Province. The owner apparently abandoned the dogs to starve to death when he was unable to get a permit from the local government to operate his illegal dog farm.
This dog farm reveals the hidden side of the practice of dog meat consumption and exposes the reality of an indifferent government and a citizenry whose awareness of the dog meat consumption problem is, at best, superficial.
This industry has been allowed to continue its operations due to the extreme moral laxness and negligence of our administrative government agencies. The dog meat industry has been embellished, justified, and promoted through human ignorance.
And the result of this human ignorance has been the unnecessary suffering of living beings.
Living dogs and the carcasses of those who have died are sharing cages because the owner did not remove the dead bodies, thus exposing the living animals to illness and infection and forcing them to endure the constant fear of death from hunger and thirst.
Some dogs, managing to escape their raised cages, roam the streets looking for food. While they pose a possible threat to the residents of the neighborhood, these people don’t seem to understand or regret that their apathy and lack of concern is the cause of the plight of these starving dogs.
Causing the death of animals through neglect is one form of animal cruelty that happens often in our country. Especially extreme neglect is most prevalent in the morally lax meat dog-breeding farms commonly found around the foothills of mountains. Despondent and dejected dogs, tied up and suffering from inadequate food and protection, are found everywhere on these farms.
This is the result when dog farms are operated illegally and the owners, unable to make the farm work, commit acts of emotional and physical cruelty by abandoning both the farm and the animals. It is a reality that cannot be prevented as long as the dog meat consumption industry is allowed to continue. There are so many of these inadequate dog farms scattered around the country it is impossible to count them all.
What’s more frustrating is that the local government, responsible for blocking the construction of these dog farms, which would then prevent any resulting animal cruelty, is doing nothing. Dog farms like this one, and even worse, exist all over the country.
Live dogs, witnessing their friends dying and subjected for months to the stench of the decomposing bodies, must themselves have felt a terrible fear of death
We have been told that the owner is currently providing the surviving dogs with food. Even if that were true, they are still existing in horrific conditions and, judging from the owner’s past behavior, it is doubtful that he will in fact take care of the living animals properly and humanely.
Korea Animal Rights Advocates sent an official document to the Jeollanam-do Provincial Government and the Damyang District Office requesting the removal of the carcasses and the protection of the living dogs. We were able to communicate by phone with the Damyang District Office’s Animal Protection Volunteer Inspection Union staff, and were told that they had removed all the carcasses but had to leave the surviving dogs as there was no facility to transfer them to. For now they said that the Volunteer Inspection Union staff will visit the dog farm again to check on the condition of the remaining dogs.
When confronted with these cases of such horrific abuse and neglect, the local government’s response is always the same, it is not possible to do anything, it’s too difficult. What is difficult to understand is why there have been no countermeasures established to prevent the pervasiveness of these dog farms. As long as our government continues to neglect the problems of the dog meat industry, there will be no hope for the improvement of the animal cruelty issue.
We again ask that Jeollanam-do Damyang District Office immediately remove and protect the remaining dogs from the animal abuser. We strongly urge you to show your firm commitment that you will no longer allow the establishment of dog-breeding farms by rescuing and protecting the dogs at this particular farm. Your actions are the only way to prevent the reccurrence of this situation.
Animal cruelty occurs because animals are often weaker than, and dependent upon, humans. But animal cruelty should never happen. No one has the right to abuse another living being.
KARA will do our best to resolve this issue satisfactorily and prevent future occurrences of cases like this.
Click to read and see the photos: http://koreandogs.org/damyang-dog-farm/
- MINISTER OF GOVERNMENT ADMINISTRATION AND HOME AFFAIRS
Jong-Sup Chong 행정자치부 정종섭 장관 (MINISTER OF GOVERNMENT ADMINISTRATION AND HOME AFFAIRS)
- Secretary General of the United Nations
Ki-Moon Ban 국제 연합 반기문 사무총장 (Secretary General of the United Nations)
- PRESIDENT OF KOREA TRADE-INVESTMENT PROMOTION AGENCY (KOTRA)
Young-Ho Oh 대한무역투자진흥공사 오영호 사장 (PRESIDENT OF KOREA TRADE-INVESTMENT PROMOTION AGENCY (KOTRA))
- Prime Minister of S. Korea
Kyo-Ahn Hwang 황교안 국무총리 (Prime Minister of S. Korea)
- Minister of Environment
Seong-Kyu Yun 환경부 윤성규 장관 (Minister of Environment)
- Governor of Jeollanamdo Province
Governor Nak-Yon Lee 전라남도 이낙연 도지사 (Governor of Jeollanamdo Province)
- Minister of Culture, Sports and Tourism
Jong-Deok Kim 문화체육관광부 김종덕 장관 (Minister of Culture, Sports and Tourism)
- Chairperson of Presidential Council on Nation Branding
Sam-Yeol (Samuel) Koo 국가브랜드위원회 구삼열 위원장 (Chairperson of Presidential Council on Nation Branding)
- Damyang District Office, Jeollanam-do 전라남도 담양군
District Manager Hyung-Shik Choi 담양군수 최형식 (Damyang District Office, Jeollanam-do 전라남도 담양군)
- Minister of Government Legislation
Jeong-Boo Je 법제처 제정부 처장 (Minister of Government Legislation)
- Minister of Health & Welfare
Hyong-Pyo Moon 보건 복지부 문형표 장관 (Minister of Health & Welfare)
- President of S. Korea
Geun-Hye Park 대한민국 박근혜 대통령
- Leader of Democratic Party (Opposition Party) of S. Korea
Jae-In Moon 민주당 문재인 국회의원
- LEADER OF THE SAENURI PARTY OF S. KOREA
Moo-Sung Kim 김무성 새누리당 당대표
- Leader of the Democratic Party of S. Korea
Han-Gil Kim 김한길 민주당 당대표
- Speaker of the National Assembly of S. Korea
Ui-Hwa Chung 정의화 대한민국 국회의장
- DEPUTY PRIME MINISTER AND MINISTER OF STRATEGY AND FINANCE
Kyung-Hwan Choi 최경환 국무총리겸 기획재정부 장관
- Minister of Foreign Affairs and Trade
Byung-Se Yun 외교통상부 윤병세 장관
- MINISTER OF AGRICULTURE, FOOD AND RURAL AFFAIRS
Dong-Phil Lee 농림축산식품부 이동필 장관
- Minister of Korea Food And Drug Safety
Seung-Chung 식품의약품안전처 정승 처장
- Minister of Justice
Hyun-Woong Kim 법무부 김현웅 장관
- Director of Korean Culture and Information Service
Young-Guk Park 해외문화홍보원 박영국 원장
- CEO of Korea Tourism Organization
Chang-Soo Jeong 한국관광공사 사장 정창수
- MINISTER OF EDUCATION
Woo-Yea Hwang 교육부 황우여 장관
- Minister of Science, ICT and Future Planning
Yang-Hee Choi 미래 창조 과학부 최양희 장관
- MINISTER OF GENDER EQUALITY AND FAMILY
Hee-Jung Kim 여성가족부 김희정 장관
- Minister of National Defense
Min-Koo Han 국방부 한민구 장관
- MINISTER OF UNIFICATION
Kihl-Jae Ryoo 통일부 류길재 장관
- MINISTER OF EMPLOYMENT AND LABOR
Ki-Kweon Lee 고용노동부 이기권 장관
- Minister of Land, Infrastructure and Transport
Il-Ho Yoo 국토교통부 유일호 장관
- Minister of Oceans and Fisheries
Ki-June Yoo 해양수산부 유기준 장관
- Geun-Myeon Lee Minister of Personnel Management
- PRESIDENT OF KOREAN OLYMPIC COMMITTEE
Jung-Haeng Kim 대한체육회 김정행 회장
- Chairman & CEO of Korea International Trade Association
In-Ho Kim 한국무역협회 김인호 회장
- Prosecutor General of Supreme Public Prosecutor’s Office
Jin-Tae Kim 검찰총장 김진태
- Commissioner General of Korean National Police Agency
Sin-Myeong Kang 경찰청장 강신명
- Administrator of Cultural Heritage Administration
Sun-Hwa Rha 문화재청장 나선화
- Ho-Young Ahn Ambassador of the Republic of Korea to the United States of America
Ho-Young Ahn 주미 한국대사관 안호영 대사
- AMBASSADOR OF THE REPUBLIC OF KOREA TO THE UNITED KINGDOM
Sung-Nam Lim 주영국 한국대사관 임성남 대사
- Ambassador of the Republic of Korea to Australia
Bong-Hyun Kim 주 호주 한국대사관 김봉현 대사
Governor of Jeollanam-do Province and Damyang District Office: Rescue the dogs from the animal abuser who left dozens of dead dogs with the live dogs since last winter in Damyang, South Korea!
작년겨울부터 썩어가는 개 사체와 함께 개장 안에 방치되어있던 전라남도 담양의 개농장 개들을 구조해주세요!
Dear Damyang District Manager Hyung-Shik Choi and Jeollanam-do Governor Nak-Yon Lee,
There are problems at the dog farm located in Damyang, Jeollanam-do Province (address: Damyang-gun, Bongsan-Myeon, kigok-ri 371-2) that include continued animal cruelty and a sanitation risk to the public. Since last winter dozens of dog carcasses have been left in the wired cages with living dogs, and dogs that have escaped the cages have become wild and are roaming freely outside. The neglect and lack of proper care of the dogs resulting in their death is a violation of the Animal Protection Act 3, Article 7, Article 8. Large dogs freely roaming around the neighborhood can become a threat to the safety of local residents.
Not disposing of the carcasses of the dead dogs causes the remaining dogs to suffer extreme stress as well as creates the potential spread of disease to animals and humans. Therefore, in accordance to the Animal Protection Act Article 14, we request that the remaining dogs be rescued and protected, and the carcasses of the dead animals be disposed of.
최형식 담양군수님, 전라남도 이낙연 도지사님,
업무에 노고가 많으십니다.
전라남도 담양에 위치한 개사육장 (상세주소: 담양군 봉산면 기곡리 371-2)에 지난 겨울부터 철장에 방치된 여러마리의 개와 수십마리의 개 사체, 풀어져서 야생화 되어가고 있는 개들로 인한 동물학대, 공중위생 등의 문제가 발생하고 있습니다. 개들을 적정히 돌보지 아니하고 죽음에 이를 정도로 방치하는 행위는 동물보호법 3조, 7조, 8조 위반사항입니다. 풀어져 다니는 대형 개들은 이웃 주민들 안전에 위협이 될수도 있습니다. 또한 개들의 사체를 처리하지 않음으로써 남아있는 개들에게 극도의 위험과 스트레스, 아울러 다른 동물 및 인간에게 또한 질병을 퍼뜨릴수 있습니다. 이에, 동물보호법 제 14조에 의거하여, 남아있는 개들을 구조 및 보호하고 사체를 처리하여 줄것을 요구합니다.
KOREANDOGS.ORG started this petition with a single signature, and now has 20,224 supporters. Start a petition today to change something you care about.