Families go dumpster diving for food in QLD, as politicians get new pay rises! Do U care?
0 have signed. Let’s get to 2,500!
To the Honorable President and Members of the Senate in Parliament assembled:
We the undersigned signatories in the event of unemployment, retirement or from the inability to perform work, are aggrieved of being deprived of our inalienable right to a basic liveable income derived from the resources of the Commonwealth to which we are entitled to as human beings and citizens of Australia.
The right to social security is a fundamental right, affirmed under the United Nations International Covenant on Economic, Social and Cultural Rights to which Australia is a signatory.
The signatories to this petition ask the Senate to consider the following proposition below and then cast a majority vote in the affirmative for the question to be presented in a referendum to the Australian People in the following form.
DO YOU APPROVE the proposed law for the alteration of the Constitution entitled-
"An act to alter the Constitution, so that Australian citizens in the event of unemployment or retirement, have the inalienable right to a nontaxable monetary allowance equivalent to the cost of living measured quarterly in each capital city by a committee of learned unemployed adults, without government interference on how the individual spends the allowance.”
Why is this important?
To all Australians of good will who believe in human dignity and social justice, a few moments of your time, please.
· IF THE GOVERNMENT CANNOT OR WILL NOT GIVE A JOB GUARANTEE FOR EVERY AUSTRALIAN WHO WANTS A JOB, then we the people can help alleviate poverty by placing within the Australian Constitution the right to a livable income derived from a country’s common wealth whether it’s generated in the ground or by society which belongs to the people and not to the politicians.
Who better than the unemployed to decide what is the true cost of living? Not the politicians, they can’t be trusted when they have relegated millions of Australians to poverty. (Shame on them) Nor can you trust the well-intentioned academics in their ivory towers to determine what the real poverty level is in each city when they get the poverty levels consistently wrong!
I firmly believe if people cared a little more about their fellow Australians instead of their pet interests for a change, then we might have a real chance of eliminating much of the poverty in this country. Assuming of course, that the majority of Australians overcome their indifference first; that’s the real problem, isn't it? Also, let us not forget the many politicians who entered politics from the love of self, that compounded the problem of poverty even further, by catering to the corporations while neglecting their countrymen and women.
· Plan B We call upon the government of the day to hold a national plebiscite.
· Plan C Have the Australian government ratify the United Nations International Covenant on Economic, Social and Cultural Rights.
· Plan D An independent body to decide what level of benefits are necessary for the wellbeing of unwaged workers. (Unemployed, pensioners, Austudy recipients, Veterans with disabilities)
· Plan E To conduct a postal survey to ascertain the will of the people on this matter.
· Plan N is the nuclear option (That depends upon us becoming a multitude!)
· Sign if you care and spread the word!
Today: vito is counting on you
vito lupis needs your help with “A Victory To Thrill Humanity”. Join vito and 1,934 supporters today.