Inclusion of Manipuri language as one of the Associate Official Languages of Assam
0 have signed. Let’s get to 7,500!
We are writing on behalf of the entire Manipuri community across the world to Inform you with deep concern in regard to the recent announcement made by the Hon'ble Education Minister, Shri Himanta Biswa Sarma mentioning that "Governor has given assent to the bill passed by the state assembly which provides for introduction of Assamese as a subject in all the educational institutions operating in the state from class one to 10. However, with regard to Bodoland, the subject will be Bodo, and in Barak valley Bengali. Assamese will not be compulsory in two hill districts administered by the sixth scheduled councils.
In connection with the aforementioned announcement we would like to inform you the following facts for your urgent attention and perusal.
1. Since the 15" Century, Manipuri people have been inhabited widely in thirteen different Districts of Assam having nearly five Lakhs of population and many are 6 serving the Government of Assam till date with commitment and dedication upholding the sovereignty of India.
2. Since the year 1956, Manipuri Language has been taught at the Lower Primary School In Assam.
3. Since the year 1963, Manipuri Language has started to be taught in ME (Middle English) School.
4. Since the year 1976, Manipuri Language has started to be taught at the High School Level.
5. Since the year 1979, Manipuri Language has started to be taught at the High School Leaving Certificate Examination class 10) and till date up to the Master's level. By that time a total of 1043 numbers of students from 26 nos. of Manipuri Medium Schools appeared.
6. In the year 1992, the 8th Schedule of the Indian Constitution recognised 8 more languages which include Manipuri Language. .enclosed copy 2
7. There are 102 Manipuri Medium School recognised by the Government of Assam and Manipuri Language is being taught till date and many of the student have been passed out learning their mother language which contribute in the implementation of "United Nations Declaration on the Rights of Persons Belonging to National or Ethnic, Religious and Linguistic Minorities" and we appreciate the steps of the Government of Assam for respecting the same.
8. According to the Assam Gazette extraordinary, govt of Assam orders by the Governor, notification dated 16th April 1985, schedule section 5A the Bodo Language shall be used as an Associate Official Language .enclosed
9. However, in the recent development announced by the Hon'ble Education Minister of Assam and earlier amended Rules of APSC it has been made mandatory for those candidate applying for government job to know Assamese, Bodo or Bengali without providing any alternative language for those who learned different languages In the state of Assam which are also recognised under the 8th Schedule of the Indian Constitution In which one is Manipuri Language.
As the fact has been cited above we would like to lay down areas of urgent attention and concern.
1. We urge the Government of Assam to kindly include Manipuri Language as Associate Official Language of State Assam
2. We urge the Government of Assam to kindly amend the APSC and include Manipuri Language as Associate Official Language so as the Manipuri people can apply for jobs in their mother language.
3. We urge the Government of Assam to kindly review the recent amendment and Manipuri Language is included as an Associate Official Language of Assam.
The entire Manipuri community across Assam and all over the world would like to request our honorable Chief Minister to please give us the equal rights confiscating act of discrimination.
With warm regards and Faith
Entire Manipuri Community
Complete your signature
0 have signed. Let’s get to 7,500!