Stop Violence In Yemen
0 have signed. Let’s get to 200!
Yemen is a country in the Middle East
- It is very close to the continent of Africa,
- only separated by the Bab el-Mandeb, a
- strait between the Red Sea and The Gulf
- of Aden.
- The people of the country are predominantly Arab, but there are some Afro-Arabs, South Asians, and Europeans
- The country is led by President Abd Rabuh Mansur Hadi, Vice President Mohsin al-Ahmar, and Prime Minister Ahmad Obaid bin Daghir
- More than 75% of occupations that people in Yemen have are agricultural. Less than 25% are made up of services, construction, industry, and commerce
- 54% of people are below the poverty line
Who is being targeted?
- The Houthi rebels are targeting civilians and the government and trying to take over power in Yemen
- Who is carrying out the atrocities?
- The Houthi rebels
- The Houthi rebels are an alliance of rebels who are against the President
What acts have been committed so far?
- Mass murders and killings
- “More than 7,600 people have been killed and 42,000 injured since March 2015..”
- They have tried to take control of the whole country by forcing Mr.Hadi, the president, to flee
- Vandalised the city by spray painting their slogan on building
- The United States, Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, Egypt, Jordan, Kuwait, Morocco, Qatar, Sudan, and the UAE are supporting the Yemen government, who are trying to stop the Houthis, who are trying to take over the government. They are trying to stop the Houthis, but they are bombing and killing people in doing so.
- The United Nations is trying to step in and stop the conflicts.
- The United Nations has been negotiating truces and ceasefires between the two sides, trying to get them to stop fighting.
- The UN is running into some problems. The governments are bombing the Houthis and the Houthis are fighting back. Both sides are very fierce and determined to win the war, so it is difficult to get them to stop fighting. Also the the governments aren’t doing much to help the UN.
How can you help?
- You can help by signing this petition, which will later be sent to Nikki Haley, the USA representative to the United Nations. Your voices will make a difference in improving the lives of Yemeni people and will be a start to the path to peace.
Today: Zayn is counting on you
Zayn B needs your help with “United Nations: Stop Violence In Yemen”. Join Zayn and 160 supporters today.