Say NO to a Toronto 2024 Summer Olympics Bid!
This petition made change with 637 supporters!
We believe that a vanity bid for the 2024 Summer Olympic Games is a bad idea for Toronto. The bid is estimated to cost $50-100 million, and the games themselves would cost taxpayers $10-20 billion. While some parts of the Games would be fun, overall they would be terrible for our city, our province and our country.
- The Olympics always go 2-3x over budget
- The Olympics don't have a long-term impact on the economy
- The Olympics don't have a long-term impact on tourism
- The Olympics will saddle us with expensive, overbuilt sports facilities
- The Olympics are an inefficient way to build needed infrastructure
- Taxpayers will be on the hook for the inevitable cost overruns
- Toronto would take 100% of the risk, and the IOC/COC take 0%
We believe in a better Toronto, and handing the city over to the IOC is the wrong way to do it!
Today: Pachi is counting on you
Pachi Amik needs your help with “Toronto City Council, Government of Ontario: Say NO to a Toronto 2024 Summer Olympics Bid!”. Join Pachi and 636 supporters today.