Your signature will help the Tiger Forests of Eastern and Western Ghats of Tamil Nadu
0 have signed. Let’s get to 2,500!
I would like you to help me appeal against the order of the Tamil Nadu forest department to shift the office of the Addition Principal Chief Conservator of Forests - Project Tiger (APCCF – PT) from its existing office in Coimbatore to Chennai.
The office of APCCF PT has been established in Coimbatore since its inception in November 2012. Tiger is an endangered species and needs to be protected at all cost. Coimbatore lays in close proximity to three of the four tiger reserves of the state namely Mudumalai, Anamalai and Satyamangalam Tiger Reserves. These tiger reserves are home not just to the tigers but also home to some of threatened and endemic species like the Nilgiri Langur, Lion Tailed Macaque, Nilgiri Marten, Nilgiri Tahr besides many species of rare birds, mammals, amphibians and reptiles. The tiger reserves have shown a healthy growth of tiger population in recent times. Please join me in demanding that the office of Project Tiger not be moved from Coimbatore.
Reasons that the office of APCCF –PT needs to be in Coimbatore
- Tiger Reserves need frequent management interventions for their effective functioning.
- Regular meetings with field officers, staff, experts, local communities and NGO’s.
- Being closer to tiger habitat states of Karnataka and Kerala helps in better communication with them.
- The APCCF -PT needs to make regular visit to these areas to supervise the activities
- Receives numerous visitors from these areas on a daily basis to discuss about the local issues pertaining to the tiger reserves.
- Collaborate with various forest and wildlife related institutions situated in Coimbatore
The decision to shift the Office of Additional Principal Chief Conservator of Forests – Project Tiger to Chennai shows the lack of sound management strategies, this will not only reduce efficiency but will also loosen the vital connection of the stake holders with the APCCF –PT and also be a financial burden for the stake holders as well as the government.
Please help reverse this decision and better protect our precious wildlife.
Today: Mohammed is counting on you
Mohammed Saleem needs your help with “The Principal Secretary Environment and Forests Department, Secretariat, Chennai : Your signature will help the Tiger Forests of Eastern and Western Ghats of Tamil Nadu”. Join Mohammed and 1,557 supporters today.