Are you angry and upset with the way Congress is and has been behaving? Do you believe that no real change can happen in this country until we change the political system in which we operate? The first part of that change is to reform the rules that govern Congress.
Congress is our elected officials, sent to represent us and our best interests. It is time they focused on that and not their own, personal interests. Serving in Congress is an honor, not a career. The Founding Fathers envisioned citizen legislators, so they should serve their term(s), then go home and back to work. Our Congressmen have abused their power and it's time we take it back.
Proposed Congressional Reform Act of 2011
- No Tenure / No Pension. A Congressman collects a salary while in office and receives no pay when they are out of office.
- Congress (past, present & future) participants in Social Security. All funds in the Congressional retirement fund move to the Social Security system immediately. All future funds flow into the Social Security System, and Congress particpates with the American people. It may not be used for any other purpose.
- Congress can purchase their own retirement plan, just as all Americans do.
- Congress will no longer vote themselves a pay raise. Congressional pay will rise by the lower of CPI or 3%.
- Congress loses their current health care system and participates in the same health care system as the American people.
- Congress must equally abide by all laws they impose on the American people.
- All contracts with past and present Congressmen are void effective 1/1/12. The American people did not make this contract with Congressmen. Congressmen made all these contracts for themselves. Serving in Congress is an honor, not a career. The Founding Fathers envisioned citizen legislators, so ours should serve their term(s), then go home and back to work.