Please tell Wal-Mart, Hanes, Target, Macy’s, Lands’ End, Kohl’s and Jones Group to immediately end the sexual abuse, rape, torture, and beatings of young women guest workers at the Classic factory in Jordan.
We demand that the companies:
1) Immediately remove all serial rapists, especially Anil Santha and Priyantha, from the Classic factory;
2) Pay significant compensation to the rape victims for the damages done them;
3) Ensure that independent and highly respected non-governmental women’s rights organizations from Sri Lanka and Bangladesh have complete access to monitor factory conditions;
4) Guarantee that there will be no retaliation against any worker for speaking the truth about factory conditions;
5) Ensure that the false charges against the internationally respected human rights advocate, Mr. Rafiq Alam, must be immediately dropped;
6) If Classic refuses to strictly enforce the worker’s rights laws in the U.S.-Jordan Free Trade Agreement, their sweatshop garments should be prohibited from entering the U.S.
Go to the Classic-Jordan Campaign page for a full list of reports, action alerts, news articles, testimony videos and transcripts related to this case.
Institute for Global Labour and Human Rights started this petition with a single signature, and now has 148,595 supporters. Start a petition today to change something you care about.