Tell Walmart to Stop Rape and Torture of Young Women in its Factories
This petition had 147,616 supporters
Please tell Wal-Mart, Hanes, Target, Macy’s, Lands’ End, Kohl’s and Jones Group to immediately end the sexual abuse, rape, torture, and beatings of young women guest workers at the Classic factory in Jordan.
We demand that the companies:
1) Immediately remove all serial rapists, especially Anil Santha and Priyantha, from the Classic factory;
2) Pay significant compensation to the rape victims for the damages done them;
3) Ensure that independent and highly respected non-governmental women’s rights organizations from Sri Lanka and Bangladesh have complete access to monitor factory conditions;
4) Guarantee that there will be no retaliation against any worker for speaking the truth about factory conditions;
5) Ensure that the false charges against the internationally respected human rights advocate, Mr. Rafiq Alam, must be immediately dropped;
6) If Classic refuses to strictly enforce the worker’s rights laws in the U.S.-Jordan Free Trade Agreement, their sweatshop garments should be prohibited from entering the U.S.
Go to the Classic-Jordan Campaign page for a full list of reports, action alerts, news articles, testimony videos and transcripts related to this case.
Today: Institute for Global Labour and Human Rights is counting on you
Institute for Global Labour and Human Rights needs your help with “Tell Walmart to Stop Rape and Torture of Young Women in its Factories”. Join Institute for Global Labour and Human Rights and 147,615 supporters today.