Tell B.L.M. - NO MORE MONEY to MURDER AMERICA'S WILD HORSES
WE, THE CITIZENS OF THE UNITED STATES, HAVE 7 DAYS TO DEMAND THAT CONGRESS DOES NOT APPROVE INCREASES IN THE WILD HORSE & BURRO PROGRAM BUDGETS. SEVEN DAYS. TAKE ACTION NOW TO SUSPEND THE WILD HORSE ROUNDUPS SO THAT REFORMS CAN BE IMPLEMENTED.
Congress is working right now on the FY11 CR (Continuing Resolution) & on the FY12 Budget. The FY11 CR is due for another vote on or before 4/9. Starting Mon, 3/28, & going through 4/8, we must pull out all the stops to DEMAND that Our Representatives in Washington DC REJECT any increases to the WH&B Program budgets which will, in turn, suspend roundups/removals temporarily so that reforms can be implemented.
Congress needs to be pressured from thousands of constituents before they’ll take the right action on behalf of our wild ones. So, here’s our chance to make a difference.
As your constituent, I request you to categorically support appropriations language right now that:
- rejects the additional $12M funding for the Program in the FY11 CR & FY12 Budget & maintains the FY10 level of $64M both years.
- suspends roundups/removals in all but verifiable emergency situations while the NAS conducts a scientific review of the Program.
- prohibits the use of any funds to euthanize healthy WH&B directly or indirectly for slaughter.
- funds public/private partnerships & allows conversion of livestock grazing allotments to WH&B use.
- funds an independent, state-of-the-art census of WH&B on the range & in holding to obtain an accurate population baseline.
- requires truly reformed, humane WH&B handling protocols.
Thank you for your immediate attention. I would appreciate a response from you on whether or not you will support this request in the committee negotiation stage and/or when it comes up for vote on the floor in the near future.