We ask President Barack Obama, and The United States Congress to pass The Safeguard American Food Exports (SAFE) Act of 2013, SB 541, & The Safeguard American Food Exports (SAFE) Act of 2013, HB 1094, which are bills to prohibit horse slaughter operations in the U.S., end the current export and slaughter of more America’s wild and domestic equines, and protect the public from consuming toxic horsemeat.
(1) Horses helped build the United States of America. Wild horses are living treasures and symbols of freedom. Most domestic horses are pets. Some have even become icons—such as Secretariat—who uplift the spirit and foster the American dream.
(2) In the U.S.A., horses are not raised for human consumption. Consequently horses are medicated with toxic substances that often do not pass FDA standards, making them unsafe to eat.
(3) We are against wasting tax dollars to fund horse meat inspections at slaughterhouses.
(4) Horse slaughter is animal cruelty—not humane euthanasia. When horses are slaughtered, they are often semi-conscious while the butchering begins.
(5) Humane euthanasia is a kinder way to end a horse’s life.
This Act will protect America’s horses and protect Americans against unhealthy and dangerous horse meat.
Members of Congress: We ask you to pass The Safeguard American Food Exports (SAFE) Act of 2013, SB 541, & The Safeguard American Food Exports (SAFE) Act of 2013, HB 1094, when it comes up for a vote. President Barack Obama: We ask you to push for passage of the Act and to sign it when it reaches your desk.
Also, please do not give permits to open Slaughter houses in Washington State.
- U.S. House of Representatives
- U.S. Senate
- Washington State House
- Washington State Senate
- President of the United States
- Washington Governor
Pass the (SAFE) Act of 2013, SB 541, & (SAFE) Act of 2013, HB 1094
This Act will put an end to horse slaughter for human consumption in the United States, and put an end to the current export and slaughter of more America’s wild and domestic equines.
Jessica JezATruthSeeker started this petition with a single signature, and now has 1,196 supporters. Start a petition today to change something you care about.