Stop Schools from De-Registering Students With Low Grades/Marks
0 have signed. Let’s get to 200!
Should schools be allowed to deregister students because they got low grades/marks in their classes? Many schools tell parents to take their child to some other schools because their child got low marks/grades. This practice is rampant in 8th and 10th classes. The reasons for schools adopting such practices could be many including:
- the school wants to ensure good 10th and 12th results
- students weak in studies requires more effort from the faculty
- the schools could get new students for seats emptied by such students
The schools adopting such practices are unmindful of the trauma inflicted on the child, whose self-esteem is crushed, who is burdened with a loser-stigma and is scarred for life. Having studied in a school for many years, now such students are forced to look for another school that will take them in. The pleas of distraught parents of such students are of no avail and are left with no choice but to desperately search for new school for their child lest they lose a precious year in their child’s study.
Is it then any surprise to see the increasing cases of depression among children as young as 12 years and many even resorting to extreme steps like committing suicides.
This petition seeks the Hon. Minister HRD Shri Prakash Javadekar, Dy Chief Minister Shri Manish Sisodia and the Hon Minister of State for HRD Shri Upendra Kushwaha to:
- Frame clear guidelines to ensure that schools do not deregister students for low grades/marks
- Setup dedicated panel to look into such incidents
- Launch awareness campaign to educate students and parents of recourse available in such instances
Signing this petition will help countless young children avoid such traumas and demonstrate to the authorities the urgent need for immediate steps to be taken to stop schools from deregistering students just because they got low grades/marks.
Today: FairGaze is counting on you
FairGaze Team needs your help with “Stop Schools from De-Registering Students With Low Grades/Marks”. Join FairGaze and 140 supporters today.