Stop Elephant abuse : Rider and keeper license be mandatory - Sukanya Kadyan
This petition had 2,098 supporters
Mahout, or Mahoot, is an Indian word for an elephant rider and keeper. In fact, there are no basic training and qualification required to be a Mahout as per past practice in India but founder chairman of the People for Animals ( PFA ) Haryana Naresh Kadyan, representative of the International Organisation for Animal Protection - OIPA in India campaigning hard for immediate rescue and rehabilitation of captive elephants, where as Central Zoo Authority - CZA of India ban elephants in Zoo's but failed to rescue and rehabilitate national heritage animal of India. Hon'ble Rajasthan High Court - Jaipur bench banned Iron ankush on a public interest litigation - PIL No. 8987 / 2006 moved by Naresh Kadyan but still elephants are being abused with the banned article in Rajasthan, concerned Wildlife officials along with Police, all are promoting and responsible for contempt of court.
OIPA in India demanding license, basic age, qualification and training for every Mahout in India, where as license is mandatory to drive a scooter and to get driving license, there is set procedure, minimum age, eyesight, learning license and good health required, maximum or minimum vehicle speed also described but to drive an elephant, all said basic requirements are ignored, why??????????????
So we appreciate Naresh Kadyan of OIPA in India efforts and support his above said demand, necessary action may be highly appreciated in the interest of public, natural justice as well
1. Iron ankush be banned all over India to handle Elephants, training as well.
2. Guideline and rules to upkeep elephants be prepared and honestly implemented all over India.
3. License for elephant handler, keeper and rider be mandatory like vehicle driving license and it should be renewed year to year basis on the fulfillment of basic requirements.
4. All illegal Elephants be rescued and rehabilitated in their natural habitat.
5. All Zoo's and Circuses Elephants be rescued and rehabilitated.
6. Elephant abuse for race, sports, pride, publicity and begging be a cognizable and non-bailable offense in legal terms.
7. Elephant transport rules on foot or by rail, air and roads be introduced.
Today: Abhishek is counting on you
Abhishek Kadyan needs your help with “Stop Elephant abuse : Rider and keeper license be mandatory - Sukanya Kadyan”. Join Abhishek and 2,097 supporters today.