Stop bullying at the University of Newcastle, Australia
This petition had 225 supporters
Workplace bullying is endemic at the University of Newcastle, Australia. Staff and students who report misconduct are systematically bullied. There is a long history at the University of this behaviour and too many staff and students have had their professional and personal lives, and their mental and physical health, destroyed. Those who collaborate with this bullying behaviour are rewarded by promotion.
A web-based survey of 166 respondents (http://stop-b-uon.blogspot.com) has revealed that the bullying at the University of Newcastle resulted in the following difficulties for respondents.
· Sleep problems 75.8%,
· Depression 68.9%
· Headaches 46.2%
· Constant tiredness 36.4%
Of major concern is the fact that 24.2% (32 respondents) had suicidal thoughts.
· 42.8% of respondents were planning to leave the university
· 34.8% were looking for or had found work outside the university
· 27.7% had asked for or already been transferred to another area of the university
· 31 respondents had themselves, or knew of others who had, been given a payout with a gagging clause
· Only 4.5% of respondents were satisfied with the outcome of their complaint
· For over half (51.8%), no action was taken by their supervisor or human resources.
Support us in our campaign to stop this bullying and its destructive effects.
Today: Stop Bullying at Newcastle University is counting on you
Stop Bullying at Newcastle University needs your help with “Stop bullying at the University of Newcastle, Australia”. Join Stop Bullying at Newcastle University and 224 supporters today.