West College Scotland - Stop putting students futures in Jeopardy!
This petition made change with 158 supporters!
To College Management,
We the Student Body at all levels of study here in West College Scotland Paisley are dissatisfied and disillusioned with the level of care and study provided due to the ongoing strikes.
Due to the ongoing lecturer strikes, students have lost vital contact time with lecturers and vital access to software and equipment to allow us to attempt to progress on with our studies. Students were banned from accessing classes when they turned up to college to try and salvage some level of study due to Senior Management. This has put student’s futures on the line through no fault of their own, to achieve a political and bureaucratic aim. Students hoping to progress on to University or on to the next year of study or even in to a work environment now face having those hopes dashed due to the very real possibility of failing core units.
We fully understand the dispute over harmonisation of pay and harmonisation of terms and conditions, to which these strikes are about. College Management should stick to the original agreement that should have been put in place by April this year and think of productivity rather than pinching the pennies. College lecturers work incredibly hard, and adding unreasonable demands on to an already hectic schedule diminishes the quality of learning the student ultimately pays for.
Instead of protecting your pay packets, protect your students.
WE EXPECT AT THE VERY MINIMUM
· Extensions to deadlines in all affected classes
· Access to class rooms whilst strikes are ongoing
· Extra class time being available to achieve a high pass in all units, especially in the Graded Unit`s
· Or a blanket pass for all units
· A notice placed on the college website indicating that Senior Management understands students concerns and will take them seriously
IF THESE TERMS ARE NOT MET AND STUDENTS ARE LEFT SCRAMBLING FOR A PASS OR FAIL THE CORE UNITS WE EXPECT THESE TERMS TO BE MET IN FULL.
· All Student loans for students affected to be immediately payable to SAAS or in to the student`s bank account for the full amount of the loan so the student is not saddled with debt due to not achieving the result desired/required due to no fault of their own
· Tuition fees paid by Students who do not receive tuition fee funding from SAAS immediately repayable in to the student`s bank account in full
· Free tuition for the following year to make up for the unit`s students did not pass or did not pass well due to no fault of their own, to save the student from having to use their back up year from SAAS which will in turn lead to further debt
· Travel expenses to and back from the college for the duration of the above-mentioned units
IF THESE TERMS ARE ALSO NOT MET, LEGAL ASSISTANCE WILL BE CONSIDERED.
We are the future; our futures should be taken seriously.
The Student Body at West College Scotland Paisley and the Greater Public.
Today: ross is counting on you
ross mcgougan needs your help with “Shirley-Anne Somerville: West College Scotland - Stop putting students futures in Jeopardy!”. Join ross and 157 supporters today.