Safety of children in School
0 have signed. Let’s get to 100!
We have been hearing molestation and rape cases of school children every now in then in India. While people are urging government to make the laws for molestation and rape more stringent, i would like to suggest some steps which can be immediately implemented in schools/ pre schools / playgroups for safety of children's .
1) While school conducts background check of all their staff there should be a surprise check or audits of such background by Educational department.
2) During such visits by Educational department to the school, they should ask for proper documentation, references, feedback from school children of that person.
3) In case of any negative feedback immediate suspension action should be taken for that particular person along with heavy penalty to the school.
4) Report of such audits / checks conducted by Educational department should be available to the parents on the online portal.
5) For areas such as toilets in the school there should be a dedicated person (Male for boys toilets and Female for girl toilets) for each floor who would be available outside the toilets and should provide the access to the toilet through his or her bio-metric verification. This would ensure that no unauthorized person enters such areas and if someone does that is with permission of representative and even he or she would be part of the crime.
This will put pressure on schools for recruitment of correct person.
Today: Jignisha is counting on you
Jignisha Shah needs your help with “schools: Safety of children in School”. Join Jignisha and 51 supporters today.