Say No to the Time Warner-Comcast Merger!
This petition had 56,820 supporters
We need more competition in the cable and Internet marketplace, not less, and a mega-merger of Comcast and Time Warner will result in a Comcast conglomerate that will dominate cable and broadband in our nation -- leading to higher prices, fewer program choices and even worse customer service.
If the FCC allows this merger to go through, Comcast will:
* Control two-thirds of the nation's cable subscribers, five times the subscriber base of any other cable company and 50 percent more than the largest satellite TV service.
* Control nearly 40 percent of the U.S. broadband market.
* Have enormous gatekeeper power over the content that reaches consumers
* Give the company even more power to raise rates for its competitors, passing those price hikes on to customers.
* Combine two companies that already rank near the bottom of Consumer Reports annual consumer satisfaction survey of 80,000 readers.
Please reject the Comcast/Time Warner Cable merger, and give American consumers a break.
Today: Consumers Union of United States is counting on you
Consumers Union of United States needs your help with “Say No to the Time Warner-Comcast Merger!”. Join Consumers Union of United States and 56,819 supporters today.