Save the Family Farms
0 have signed. Let’s get to 10,000!
SAVE THE FAMILY FARM
- Situation: Small family vineyards are not permitted to host tastings and sell Napa Valley wine on their family farm
- Complication: This creates an economic hurdle making it virtually impossible to legally make a living growing, tasting and selling wine from Napa vineyards
- Implication: Napa Valley small family vineyards will disappear......if nothing changes
- Position: We do not want to change the WDO and are not asking for a permit to make wine
- Proposal: Please support this petition for creation of a Napa County policy Napa County policy to allow limited wine tasting & direct to consumer sales on small family vineyards that meet responsible regulations
Save the Family Farm Benefits:
- Creates a balanced playing field for equal access to “direct to consumer" tasting and sales for small family vineyards.
- Preserves Napa’s small family farm legacy and unique history
- Protects the environment by eliminating the need for new infrastructure.
- Keeps Agriculture as the highest and best use of Napa Land
- Enables family farms to be passed down to the next generation
- Reduces the takeover of farmland
Today: George is counting on you
George O'Meara needs your help with “Save the Family Farms in Napa”. Join George and 9,834 supporters today.