Reexamine Cannabis and Allow Local Research, Education and Medication
0 have signed. Let’s get to 7,500!
Please sign this petition to entreat the elected government of Malaysia to release Capt (R) Amiruddin Abdullah @ Dr Ganja and provide support for clinical researches using medical Cannabis (Marijuana) in collaboration with MASA. Our requests as a signee are stated below followed by a short description.
1) Insists that children and citizens of Malaysia who are registered with Malaysia Awareness Society (MASA) with severe diseases such as epilepsy, glaucoma, cancer, HIV/AIDS, muscle spasms, seizures, severe pain, severe nausea, Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) and autism spectrum disorder to be given priority and rights to obtain medical cannabis treatment after researches are completed.
2) Insist that the elected government of Malaysia permits, supports and collaborates with MASA and its team of professionals to form a working committee whom will conduct the medical cannabis clinical researches that are prioritized for patients either in Malaysia or one of the few neighboring countries who have offered to ally with MASA. The research and results will be documented and shared to the public in accordance to the Malaysian Health Promotion Board Act 2006.
3) The presumption of trafficking for the possession of 200 grams of cannabis in Section 37(da) Dangerous Drugs Act 1952 is inhuman, cruel and outdated. Death penalty should be abolished and the Dangerous Drugs Act reexamined so that medical cannabis would be recognized for its therapeutic properties as declared by the World Health Organization (WHO). (http://www.who.int/medicines/news/2017/WHO-recommends-most-stringent-level-int-control/en/
4) Request the Attorney General’s Chamber to cease prosecution for self-administration and possession of cannabis for approved medical purpose in addition to decriminalize both offenses as jointly recommended by the United Nation and WHO to end discrimination in health care settings. (http://www.who.int/mediacentre/news/statements/2017/discrimination-in-health-acre/en/
5) Request for Cure & Care Tampoi, under the National Anti-drugs Agency to withdraw their police report against the “Malaysia Medical Marijuana” Facebook page. The page follows the Medicine (Advertisement and Sales) Act 1956, with the goal of attaining the attention and interest of local doctors, chemists and scientists towards cannabis related research studies. We are willing to allow the page to undergo the investigative process as stated in the Communications and Multimedia Act 1998 to prove the true intention of the page that only posts scientific facts and do not “promote” the use of cannabis in any way.
6) Request for the National Anti-drugs Agency (NADA) of the Ministry of Home Affairs to withdraw their statement calling all cannabis users "shit" without any prior meeting or discussion with the patients or people involved. We urge for a constructive and civil discussion or debate on medical cannabis applications and effects either in a closed event or live broadcast if necessary.
7) Call for the book “Human Evolution and Cannabis” to be the pioneer psychology clinical research reference to understand how the active compounds Delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) and Cannabinoids (CBD) influences the mental state, emotions and thoughts of a person. The book demonstrates how the "high" feeling is a shift in the mind frequency from Beta to Alpha and not an uncontrollable intoxication that gets you befuddled.
“Malaysia Medical Marijuana” is a proactive community page on Facebook created by locals to share scientific research articles from countries that have conducted studies on cannabis and not to give pressure to or force any party. Medical cannabis related information shared on the page is inclusive of the source and related justifications proving the legitimacy of the finding. The page also acts as an international social platform where professional scientific studies can be shared to the people in compliance to the Malaysian Communications and Multimedia Act 1998. We do not promote cannabis use; sale; or urge for its legalization. On the contrary, we would like to educate and give awareness to the citizens of Malaysia whom are already vastly venturing into the use of this psychedelic substance to ensure they understand the responsible use and medical applications of cannabis as a whole.
Local registered NGO, Malaysia Awareness Society (MASA) was started by a group of doctors, lawyers, scientists, activists, parents and patients who share the same vision and are ready to work together with the elected government of Malaysia to start a well-documented and legitimate clinical research using medical cannabis buds. The purpose of these researches are for the citizens of Malaysia to obtain the truth regarding cannabis for the health, lives and future of our people. National universities who studied the effects of THC and other cannabinoids on lab rats proved it to be safe and capable of regenerating neurons in the brain. But, the setback holding behind this medical breakthrough that could bring us closer to Wawasan 2020 or the newly set vision TN50 is the support from the government and people. Therefore, MASA would like to instate that we are not following the movement of other countries, but demand for an authorized clinical study for Malaysians in full cooperation with the government and reinforcement from the signees of this petition.
Cannabis users are not criminals but treated as a national threat because the plant is classified under Schedule One of the Dangerous Drugs Act. More lives are destroyed and lost in the pointless battle over a plant that may have been viewed erroneously in the past. It is time for a revolution! We urge for the elected Malaysian government to permit, support and collaborate with MASA to complete the research studies as soon as possible.
Thank you very much for your love and signature. Together we are Malaysia and the World!
#Cure not War
Today: Malaysia Awareness Society (MASA) is counting on you
Malaysia Awareness Society (MASA) needs your help with “Save Malaysia's Children and Patients with medical Cannabis clinical research! Their lives lies in your love and support. Please sign and share this petition to all your friends and family for the future our people. Thank you.”. Join Malaysia Awareness Society (MASA) and 7,278 supporters today.