Reexamine Cannabis and Allow Local Research, Education and Medication
0 have signed. Let’s get to 75,000!
Please sign this petition as support for the government of Malaysia to review Capt (R) Amiruddin Abdullah @ Dr Ganja and Muhammad Lukman Mohamad cases. The government should provide support for clinical researches using medical Cannabis (Marijuana) in collaboration with MASA. Our requests as a signee are stated below followed by a short description.
1) Insists that children and citizens of Malaysia who are registered with Malaysia Awareness Society (MASA) with severe diseases such as epilepsy, glaucoma, cancer, HIV/AIDS, muscle spasms, seizures, severe pain, severe nausea, Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) and autism spectrum disorder to be given priority and rights to obtain medical cannabis treatment after researches are completed.
2) Insist that the elected government of Malaysia permits, supports and collaborates with MASA and its team of professionals to form a working committee whom will conduct the medical cannabis clinical researches that are prioritized for patients either in Malaysia or one of the few neighboring countries who have offered to ally with MASA. The research and results will be documented and shared to the public in accordance to the Malaysian Health Promotion Board Act 2006.
3) The presumption of trafficking for the possession of 200 grams of cannabis in Section 37(da) Dangerous Drugs Act 1952 is inhuman, cruel and outdated. Death penalty should be abolished and the Dangerous Drugs Act reexamined so that medical cannabis would be recognized for its therapeutic properties as declared by the World Health Organization (WHO).
4) Request the Attorney General’s Chamber to cease prosecution for self-administration and possession of cannabis for approved medical purpose in addition to decriminalize both offenses as jointly recommended by the United Nation and WHO to end discrimination in health care settings.
5) Request for Cure & Care Tampoi, under the National Anti-drugs Agency to withdraw their police report against the “Malaysia Medical Marijuana” Facebook page. The page follows the Medicine (Advertisement and Sales) Act 1956, with the goal of attaining the attention and interest of local doctors, chemists and scientists towards cannabis related research studies. We are willing to allow the page to undergo the investigative process as stated in the Communications and Multimedia Act 1998 to prove the true intention of the page that only posts scientific facts and do not “promote” the use of cannabis in any way.
6) Request for the National Anti-drugs Agency (NADA) of the Ministry of Home Affairs to withdraw their statement calling all cannabis users "shit" without any prior meeting or discussion with the patients or people involved. We urge for a constructive and civil discussion or debate on medical cannabis applications and effects either in a closed event or live broadcast if necessary.
7) Call for a pioneer psychology clinical research reference to understand how the active compounds Delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) and Cannabinoids (CBD) influences the mental state, emotions and thoughts of a person. The book "Human Evolution & Cannabis" demonstrates how the "high" feeling is a shift in the mind frequency from Beta to Alpha and not an uncontrollable intoxication that gets you befuddled.
“Malaysia Medical Marijuana” is a proactive community page on Facebook created by MASA team members to share scientific research articles from countries that have conducted studies on cannabis and not to give pressure to or force any party. Medical cannabis related information shared on the page is inclusive of the source and related justifications proving the legitimacy of the finding. The page also acts as an international social platform where professional scientific studies can be shared to the people in compliance to the Malaysian Communications and Multimedia Act 1998. We do not promote cannabis use; sale; or urge for its legalization. On the contrary, we would like to educate and give awareness to the citizens of Malaysia whom are already vastly venturing into the use of this psychedelic substance to ensure they understand the responsible use and medical applications of cannabis as a whole.
Local registered NGO, Malaysia Awareness Society (MASA) was started by a group of doctors, lawyers, scientists, activists, parents and patients who share the same vision and are ready to work together with the new government of Malaysia to start a well-documented and legitimate clinical research using medical cannabis buds. The purpose of these researches are for the citizens of Malaysia to obtain the truth regarding cannabis for the health, lives and future of our people. National universities who studied the effects of THC and other cannabinoids on lab rats proved it to be safe and capable of regenerating neurons in the brain. But, the setback holding behind this medical breakthrough that could bring us closer to Wawasan 2020 is the support from the government and people. Therefore, MASA would like to instate that we are not following the movement of other countries, but demand for an authorized clinical study for Malaysians in full cooperation with the government and reinforcement from the signees of this petition.
Cannabis users are not criminals but treated as a national threat because the plant is classified under Schedule One of the Dangerous Drugs Act. More lives are destroyed and lost in the pointless battle over a plant that may have been viewed erroneously in the past. It is time for a revolution! We urge for the elected Malaysian government to permit, support and collaborate with MASA to complete the research studies as soon as possible.
Thank you very much for your love and signature. Together we are Malaysia and the World!
Muhammad Lukman's Story
Recently, just a day before the country celebrated Independence Day on Aug 31, a 29-year-old graduate of Muhammad Lukman Mohamad was sentenced to death. This is because he was found guilty of having, processing, and distributing marijuana types that have been processed in the form of liquid (oil). A total of two kilograms of dried dregs marijuana with 260g of cannabis was found in his home. He was actually arrested with his five-month pregnant wife but his wife was released for innocence.
Lukman had actually processed the marijuana to be used for medical purposes, even until the date of arrest, he had given this alternative treatment to not less than 800 people. For those of us who have never been exposed to this marijuana, we consider it a taboo topic but in conscious unconsciousness, actually marijuana is now increasingly accepted in many countries of the world as one of the herbs that has the nourishment and advantages especially in treating various chronic diseases.
https://www.thestar.com.my/opinion/columnists/watching-the-world/2018/09/09/all-up-in-smoke-throughout-the-developed-world-countries-are-liberalising-marijuana-laws-but-the-mes/ertakan quote from the Editor of The Star newspaper yesterday who also discussed the case of Lukman; "A 29-year-old father of one, Md Lukman was sentenced to hang for possessing, processing and distributing cannabis oil. He provided this item to patients who were suffering from ailments that marijuana and its active ingredient tetrahydrocannibol are associated with treating."
According to Samantha a lawyer who helping in this case, marijuana is not a 'vicious' drug like those taking cocaine or heroin.
"Every time I go for international conferences and tell others that in Malaysia you can be hanged for possession of 200g of marijuana, those in the outside world are shocked. We are wasting money, clogging up the justice system and over-crowding our prisons. Now around 59% of cases in the prison are those who commit non-violent drug-related offenses. The truth is that cannabis should not be treated on the same level as hard drugs such as heroin or cocaine. "With marijuana the chances of addiction are very minimal, but somehow it is categorized along with heroin and methampethamine. This needs to be reviewed, especially considering the traditional use of cannabis for medicinal value, "says Samantha
The problem is, we misuse these things for fun to be destroyed by family institutions and so on.
Now that we are able to change the rules about gangsterism, why not we take a brave move to look into this obsolete laws on drugs.
It is time for us to review the definition of who is actually a distributor, who is actually a drug addict and who is actually a patient who needs a Cannabis drug for treatment.
NOTE - PLEASE DO NOT MAKE ANY DONATION VIA THIS APPLICATION
Complete your signature
0 have signed. Let’s get to 75,000!