Launch an independent inquiry into air quality data falsification at Cheshire East Council
0 have signed. Let’s get to 2,500.
The recent admission by Cheshire East Council that an officer or officers have deliberately and systematically manipulated and falsified air quality data readings between 2012 to 2014 has finally destroyed what remained of our confidence and belief in our council members and officers.
This latest confession comes on the back of the:
- Suspension of the CEO of Cheshire East Council, Mr Mike Suarez, in April 2017 pending an investigation.
- Resignation of Mr Michael Jones over contracts awarded to his personal physiotherapist's firm in 2015.
- Lyme Green Waste Transfer Station Fiasco in 2013/14.
- The suspension of Bill Norman, Head of Legal Services in July 2017.
Cheshire East has now initiated yet another investigation into the behaviour of senior officers connected with the deliberately and systematically manipulation and falsification of air quality data readings. In addition Cheshire Police are also investigating the matter.
In addition, this deliberate and systematic manipulation and falsification of air quality data readings may have also had a material effect upon planning decisions and Section 106 awards during this time.
We believe that Cheshire East Council has therefore lost all credibility with the residents and electorate of our region and we call upon the Secretary of State to initiate an independent enquiry into the actions and behaviour of the members and officers of Cheshire East Council to restore public confidence.
- Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government
Launch an independent enquiry into air quality data falsification by Cheshire East Council
Today: David is counting on you
David Burnand needs your help with “Sajid Javid: Launch an independent enquiry into air quality data falsification by Cheshire East Council”. Join David and 2,156 supporters today.