Don't Bypass Hinchinbrook
This petition had 320 supporters
The Queensland Government has proposed a $2 billion bypass of the Ingham CBD and Hinchinbrook Shire.
This proposed bypass will:
- Cripple the Ingham CBD, where shop owners are reliant on revenue generated by general traffic passing through town;
- Make it harder for potential tourists to visit key areas of our shire, like Lucinda, Forrest Beach and Halifax;
- Remove a large area of high-quality farm land from production;
- Increase flood risk and intensity for nearby farmers and the Ingham township; and
- Destroy the Tyto wetlands, throwing millions of rate-payers investment away.
There are alternative solutions for moving heavy traffic out of town, without destroying the Ingham CBD and our shire.
Today: Don't Bypass Hinchinbrook is counting on you
Don't Bypass Hinchinbrook needs your help with “Queensland Government: Don't Bypass Hinchinbrook”. Join Don't Bypass Hinchinbrook and 319 supporters today.