Stop the Proposed Helipad Development at 31 Ivanhoe Street Sorrento
This petition had 377 supporters
Petition Against the Proposed Helipad Development at 31 Ivanhoe Street Sorrento
We, the undersigned residents and rate payers of Sorrento and the surrounding area, understand there is or may be a proposal for a private helipad to be developed at 31 Ivanhoe Street Sorrento ('the Property').
In our view, a helipad runs completely counter to the character of the neighbourhood. Not only does it pose a safety risk to residents who live in the immediate flight path, it also threatens to significantly adversely impact on neighbours’ enjoyment of their land and the value of that land. It will detract from the overall harmony of the community and is utterly inappropriate.
We object to the development of a proposed helipad at the Property on the following grounds:
- Non-compliance with Mornington Peninsula Planning Scheme Clause 52.15-2 (distance to properties)
- Safety – flight path proximity to residential properties
- Safety – flight path proximity to the Mornington Peninsula National Park
- Safety – increased bushfire risk from fuel storage and petrochemical spillages
- Environment – threat to wildlife in the National Park
- Loss of amenity of neighbouring residents and National Park users
Therefore, we call on the Mornington Peninsula Shire to reject any proposal to develop a helipad at 31 Ivanhoe Street Sorrento.
Today: Josh is counting on you
Josh Marks needs your help with “Mr Niall Sheehy,: Stop the Proposed Helipad Development at 31 Ivanhoe Street Sorrento”. Join Josh and 376 supporters today.