Mr. Modi, We the people of India want your resignation.
0 have signed. Let’s get to 5,000!
Why we are doing this?
This is not a politically motivated petition. We write this because we are concerned about the national security of our country, the safety of our men & women in the armed forces and the unacceptable influence big business houses have on this Govt.
Through the Rafale matter, it has become clear, that the Modi govt. will go to any lengths, put at stake anything to help its friends make money. Who in turn fund construction of expensive BJP offices, election campaigns and BJP's PR machinery. This unholy nexus has to be done with. Refer list of invitees to the PM Modi's Paris visit where the deal was announced. No prizes for guessing who was at the top of the list.
As a first step, we demand the resignation of our Hon'ble Prime Minister Narendra Modi, whose govt. has time and again mislead the nation on this matter and is clearly a significant partner in this unholy nexus.
What are we talking about?
The recent statements by ex-Prez. of France have put a serious question mark on the integrity of the Defense Ministry, Finance Ministry and the PMO. The "Business Friendly" Modi govt. has always been accused of being partial to business houses of India. That the friendship would trump India's national security itself has been an eye-opener.
Not only has the Rafale deal cost 3 times than originally intended to the tax payer, Indian govt's push for selection of Reliance Defense as partner to Dassault has also raised questions on Modi govt's attitude towards National Security of the country.
The Modi govt. first made a flip flop in Parliament on commercials of the deal, it then deemed HAL as an unfit partner for Dassault and claimed it had nothing to do with Reliance Defense being selected as a partner, all highlight the multiple attempts the Modi govt. has made to conceal facts from the public and mislead the nation.
HAL, a govt. owned unit has 70 years of experience in aircraft manufacturing. It has worked on LCA Tejas, Sukhoi Su-30MKI and other aircrafts. Whereas, Reliance Defense has ZERO experience in aircraft manufacturing. In fact it was less than a month old when it was awarded the contract. However, defying all common sense, Modi govt., deemed HAL unfit to partner with Dassault.
Ex-HAL chief TS Raju told HT, "When HAL can build a 25-tonne Sukhoi-30, a fourth-generation fighter jet that forms the mainstay of the air force, from raw material stage, then what are we talking about? We could have definitely done it (licence produced the Rafale jets)".
The selection of Reliance Defense as partner to Dassault in such a critical deal has made India unsafe. In a neighbourhood with two not so friendly nuclear powers at our borders, national security takes paramount importance.
Based on his government's attempts to mislead the nation on this matter we consider Prime Minister Narendra Modi unfit for the office that she holds. Therefore, we demand his resignation in the interest of national security.
We all should speak in one voice and let it be known that money cannot run this country and we will not allow people to sell this country to big business houses.
Facts for your perusal:
- Our hon'ble Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi announces, India will purchase 36 Rafale fighter jets off the shelf from Dassault, a French aircraft builder
- Inter-governmental agreement with France signed. India to pay about Rs.58,000 crore or 7.8 billion Euros for 36 off-the-shelf Dassault Rafale twin-engine fighters (3 times higher than the cost under UPA)
- France to invest 20% of 7.8 billion Euros into local production of Rafale components
- Defense Minister Sitharaman does a flip flop in Parliament, agrees to reveal price of Rafale aircraft and later backtracks citing a secret agreement preventing her from revealing commercial details of the deal
- French Prez. Macron says he has no objection if PM Modi wants to share some details under the secrecy clause
- Reliance Defense, less than a month old company with ZERO experience in aircraft manufacturing is chosen as an offset partner to Dassault
- Reliance Defense and Govt. claim that choice of offset partner was with Dassault and Govt. had no role to play
- Francois Hollande states that Indian Government chose Anil Ambani for Rafale deal
- French journal Mediapart has quoted ex-French Prez. Francois Hollande as saying: "We did not have a say in this... the Indian government proposed this service group and Dassault negotiated with (Anil) Ambani group. We did not have a choice, we took the partner who was given to us."
- Even BJP old timers Yashwant SInha & Arun Shourie have criticized the govt. - The entire deal was a "textbook case of criminal misconduct, of misuse of public office and of enriching parties at the expense of the national interest and national security", they alleged, adding there was an "effort" by the government to "conceal" facts
Today: AIPC Mumbai West | is counting on you
AIPC Mumbai West | AIPC Bangalore South needs your help with “Mr. Modi, We the people of India want your resignation.”. Join AIPC Mumbai West | and 4,936 supporters today.