Declare May National Mothers Awareness Month
0 have signed. Let’s get to 200!
National Mothers Awareness Month was created to raise awareness about the importance of Mom's Health and Fitness including;
- Single moms trying to make ends meet. Many are run single parent households and haven’t been to see a medical doctor in years, or have enough knowledge about how to eat healthy and stay fit.
- Mom’s that run full family households. Helping Dad and children get through their days. car pool – their children and friends, cook breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks, laundry, clean home, and spend quality time with family, etc.
According to 2016 U.S. Census Bureau, about 12 million single parent families with children under the age of 18, more than 80% were headed by single mothers
MISSION: To raise awareness and:
- The whole month of May is “Motherhood Month” where we celebrate GOOD Mothers & the role of Motherhood.
- Is a chance for active and non-active Mothers to reconnect or bond with their child(ren) through Mothers Month Community Activities.
- Recognizes the contributions of Mothers and/or Mother figures make to the lives of their children
- Increases visibility about Single mothers that have greater difficulty dealing with societal influences and instilling morals, values and maintaining without a father figure for their children.
- Increase awareness about 84% of households with children are being reared by biological single mothers.
- Mothers Awareness Month educates Heterosexual Women more about contraception and the consequences of unprotected sex that can lead to the spread of STD’s, abortions, unwanted pregnancies, committing their unwanted child into the foster care system.
- Mothers Awareness Month Raises Awareness about the importance of Mothers who maintain a healthy lifestyle are role models for their children and have happier, healthier families.
- Focuses on a broad range of Single Mother Issues including lack of community support, lack of extended paid leave and flextime also legal, financial and economic difficulties.
- Raises awareness, visibility and support to help keep Good Mothers involved in the rearing of their own biological children.
- Helps to reduce the rate of unwanted children in the foster care system, aborted or abandoned on the street.
- Helps to reduce the number of single parent households
Healthy Moms = Healthy Families. So let's Raise Awareness & Celebrate the importance of Mothers Everywhere by convincing the President of the United States, Senate, and Congress to Declare May as "Mothers Awareness Month"!!
Visit our website for more information: Mothers Awareness Month
Today: Awareness is counting on you
Awareness needs your help with “Make the month of May Mother's Month!”. Join Awareness and 102 supporters today.