Petition update

BREAKING: Giant Tampax Applicator!!

Ella Daish
Brighton, ENG, United Kingdom

Oct 2, 2020 — 

Good morning Super Supporters,

It’s time for the BIG reveal! I am very excited to finally be sharing something with you that has been in the pipeline for a while and I know you are going to LOVE it. To highlight the extent of the problem, I wanted to create something that Tampax could not ignore, a giant plastic tampon applicator! Yes, you read that right.

Over the last few months I have been asking people to send me any plastic tampon applicators they find polluting their local environment, beach, or waterway. I was able to identify which manufacturers the plastic tampon applicators came from by looking at their different colours, shapes, and patterns. 87.5% of those collected were Tampax and the remaining 12.5% were a mixture of other brands and ones which could not be identified.

The Tampax applicators collected from 15 different locations across the UK were then turned into a giant tampon applicator with the help of multimedia designer, Heidi Daish. It is 6ft tall and is made exclusively from 1,200 Tampax plastic tampon applicators.

Manufacturers like Tampax often put the blame on consumers to avoid ownership of the problem, but they must be held accountable. As a manufacturer, they have got the resources and money to bring about change at source, this is exactly what needs to happen, to put a stop to the negative impacts downstream. It’s time to act.

I will keep you updated with how Tampax responds to this, but for now thank you so much for joining me in taking action on them over the last two weeks. This has created a wave of conversation and awareness. Raising our voices together like this is so powerful and makes a big difference.

You can continue to take action on Tampax by posting on social media, you can find out more on how to do this here. I will be sharing more about the Giant Tampax Applicator on social media, you can check out my platforms here: Twitter: @ella_daish Instagram: @elladaish Facebook: @elladaish1

Ella :)

#EndPeriodPlastic


Keep fighting for people power!

Politicians and rich CEOs shouldn't make all the decisions. Today we ask you to help keep Change.org free and independent. Our job as a public benefit company is to help petitions like this one fight back and get heard. If everyone who saw this chipped in monthly we'd secure Change.org's future today. Help us hold the powerful to account. Can you spare a minute to become a member today?

I'll power Change with $5 monthlyPayment method

Discussion

Please enter a comment.

We were unable to post your comment. Please try again.