Drive-in at St Ives Showground
This petition had 2,240 supporters
The St Ives Showground is currently under utilised. A Drive-in would maximise the space and generate additional income. The North Shore and Northern Beaches do not currently have a Drive-in, and it is particularly relevant in a COVID-19 climate where social distancing is important.
This Community at large can benefit from this form of entertainment.
1. The Drive-in would only be operational at night, thereby freeing the space for parking to be used for other daytime events, and avoid any potential traffic congestion during the day.
2. There would be no noise objections as sound is tuned in via car radio (FM Frequency).
3. There are no residents in the vicinity who would be affected (by the possible light, car sounds, etc). Nearest residents are approx. 1km away.
4. This would serve all communities on North Shore as well as the Northern Beaches.
5. This is particularly relevant in today's COVID19 climate where social distancing is important, and will be in the future.
6. Put out a tender for Operations or space can be leased by a Drive-in Operator.
7. It would be an ideal entertainment venue for not only our youth (who have no-where safe and close by to go to) but also for young families who cannot go to the cinema, and the elderly as well who do not wish to sit in a cinema.
[Photo courtesy: Daniel Dorsa for The New York Times]
Today: Isabella is counting on you
Isabella Lewis needs your help with “Ku-ring-gai Council: Drive-in at St Ives Showground?”. Join Isabella and 2,239 supporters today.