Allow University / College Sports to be played in Canada!!!!
0 have signed. Let’s get to 1,500!
Today, student athletes across Canada had their seasons cancelled. As a paying customer at university and colleges across Canada, their sports were taken away from them without ever being allowed to be a voice in the process.
Student Athletes have their purpose and identity in their sport, and they have developed into world class leaders in their communities. They have learned from a young age to be resilient, hard working, value unity, lead with courage, and find ways to make a difference in their community and their sport.
Without being given the opportunity to compete, the decision makers have taken away everything of value from the student athlete. As much as they stand for the opportunity to chase the dream of playing sport professionally or with a national team... they are also fighting today for the next generation of Canadian students. Without university sport, there will no longer be a pathway forward, no goals to strain towards within their sport. The pathway ends...
HERE IS THE VOICE OF THE STUDENT ATHLETE KOLBY JOHNSON;
"Losing my sport will have a huge impact on my mental health. I just want to be heard, and allowed to be part of the creative solution forward. If it really is about safety... we will follow every safety policy put forward that allows us to compete. If it is about finances, then this is a perfect gateway to re-invent how sports is funded in Canada. We want to be part of the change, we want to be part of the journey forward. Do not ignore our voice, our commitment, our creativity! We can help make a difference, just give us a chance to STAND ON GUARD for sport in Canada!"
HERE IS OUR PETITION - PLEASE SIGN
CANADIAN UNIVERSITY STUDENT ATHLETE’S
STAND ON GUARD FOR SPORT IN CANADA
Sport is a universal language! It crosses all social, economic and racial barriers – and provides an opportunity to express who we are as human beings. It produces committed leaders who know about unity, sacrifice and hard work.
Today, our sports world came to an abrupt end, without us having a voice. We will not sit back and allow this decision to have a crippling effect in our nation. As a unified voice, we as student athletes at universities and colleges across Canada want our voice to be heard!
WE STAND ON GUARD FOR:
- We want to be heard! We are the fully committed customer in this transaction, and we want our voice to be heard
- Safety of all student athletes in our priority! We want to compete, in a safe, intentional manner; and are willing to follow such guidelines.
- Find a new way! We are willing to have a paradigm shift in how our Canada University athletics is done, and find creative new funding models to allow competition to take place
- Our mental health is a priority to us! Not being allowed to compete places us on a dangerous pathway. We are better together!
- We are taking a stand for the next generation! The next generation of student athlete needs our voices to be heard. They need university sport as a goal for their sport stream development!
As I stand with other current, former, or future student athletes, I fully agree with, and sign my name onto this petition. Demanding that administrators and decision makers in our country be willing to reconsider the cancellation of sports at the post-secondary level in Canada; and allow us to be part of the solution to bring back sports in a safe and economical fashion. #WeAreBetterTogether #SportUnitesUs
Complete your signature
0 have signed. Let’s get to 1,500!