Thank You Senator Klein
This petition made change with 517 supporters!
Thank you all for joining together to support Senator Klein. I'm so proud to see that nearly everyone who signed our petition is from the Bronx and Senator Klein's district. I look forward to staying in touch and can't believe we reached our goal of 500 signatures this quickly! Thank you again for showing your support!
Thank You Senator Klein for Supporting Our Communities and for Leading the Democratic Party Towards Progress
As the Co-Leader of the New York Senate, Senator Jeff Klein works tirelessly on behalf of all New Yorkers. His strong and innovative leadership on both Democratic and bi-partisan issues is producing landmark results on major issues such as gun control, increasing the minimum wage and providing essential programs for the middle class.
I am proud of Senator Klein’s record of progressive results, including:
Leading the Fight Against Gun Violence in New York State:
* Leading the charge to pass the NY SAFE Act, which takes guns out of the hands of the mentally ill and gives New York the toughest gun control laws in the nation
* Securing $300,000 in state funding to launch a proven gun violence prevention program in the Bronx
* Championing “Luisito’s Law” which will stiffen penalties for gunmen who fire bullets near playgrounds and schools
Delivering for Working People:
* Lifting up low-wage workers by raising New York’s minimum wage to $9 per hour
* Lowering middle class tax rates to their lowest levels in over 60 years
* Preserving local neighborhoods and protecting the American Dream by passing historic homeowner protection and foreclosure prevention laws
* Increasing school funding by over $1 billion in the last year alone and directing hundreds of thousands of dollars in school technology funding to schools across the Bronx and Westchester
* Helping our communities rebuild after Superstorm Sandy by directing over $3 million in FEMA funding to service organizations and cultural institutions in the Bronx
* Preventing unnecessary development projects and maintaining local neighborhoods
This year, I know Senator Klein will continue the fight to make New York more affordable for seniors, working families and students. He is already leading the charge on many of the most important issues to middle class New Yorkers, including:
* Leading the charge on Universal Pre-K by supporting Mayor de Blasio’s plan to deliver quality Pre-K and after school programming to 50,000 New York City four-year-olds this year.
* Creating New York’s first paid family leave program so parents can take time off to bond with a newborn child or care for a sick loved one
* Reinvesting in a new middle class housing program called Mitchell-Lama 2020, which creates 20,000 new affordable apartments over the next five years
* Increasing college tuition tax credits and expanding the popular 529 college savings plans
* Preventing rent increases for senior citizens and increasing state aid for programs that help them pay for pharmaceutical drugs
By signing this petition, I pledge my support for Senator Klein and endorse his record of delivering major results for our community and for New York State. Keep it up, Senator Klein!
Today: Patricia is counting on you
Patricia Williams needs your help with “Jeffrey Klein: Thank You Senator Klein”. Join Patricia and 516 supporters today.