Impeach Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas
This petition had 963 supporters
Articles of Impeachment presented by Capitol Hill Blue ranter CALIFORNIA RICK:
* Justice Thomas knowingly and willingly falsified information on a federal form
* This matter happened consistently over the course of five years
* Failed to recuse himself when the supreme court oversaw cases he and his wife had clear conflict of interests
* Article III, Section 1 of the U.S. Constitution explicitly states that a Supreme Court Justice that “lacks good behavior” can be impeached
* The Nixon impeachment debates and Clinton impeachment hearings were ample proof that the constitutional phrase of “good behavior” embraces not only indictable crimes but “conduct ... grossly incompatible with the office held and subversive of that office and of our constitutional system of government.”
* 18 U.S.C. § 1001: [Non-applicable exception excluded] ....whoever, in any matter within the jurisdiction of the executive, legislative, or judicial branch of the Government of the United States, knowingly and willfully - (1) falsifies, conceals, or covers up by any trick, scheme, or device a material fact; (2) makes any materially false, fictitious, or fraudulent statement or representation; or (3) makes or uses any false writing or document knowing the same to contain any materially false, fictitious, or fraudulent statement or entry; shall be fined under this title, imprisoned not more than 5 years or, if the offense involves international or domestic terrorism (as defined in section 2331), imprisoned not more than 8 years, or both.
* Federal ethics rules are very specific regarding conflicts of interest and potentials for influence
* The last time a supreme court justice was impeached was in 1806 for openly campaigning for federalist candidates from the bench
Today: CarolAnn is counting on you
CarolAnn BL needs your help with “Impeach Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas”. Join CarolAnn and 962 supporters today.