Support for the Facebook page My Kailua
This petition made change with 260 supporters!
A recent petition on this very website makes some very serious (and illegally defamatory) allegations against the Facebook page My Kailua and its Admin team. This petition has been created to counter the allegations by outlining just a few of the things that My Kailua ACTUALLY is:
1) My Kailua is community before commerce. And the page is run by admins who are not going to look the other way for the sake of keeping the peace.
2) My Kailua is a gathering place for all the people who love Kailua. People are able to share stories, pictures and occasions.
3) My Kailua provides a voice for people. Did you lose your dog? Do you need help telling people about an upcoming event for your non-profit or school? Do you know about a family in need or do YOU need help? Did you catch a picture of an amazing sunrise or the fog rising off Kawainui? These things are just some of the things My Kailua has helped the people of Kailua to voice and share.
4) My Kailua puts words into motion! From beach and park clean-ups to legislative action, My Kailua helps people who actually want to HELP our town. By organizing, facilitating and bringing large amounts of people together, wonderful things have happened in our town with the help of My Kailua.
5) My Kailua makes people and businesses accountable to the laws of our government. Too often we see people and businesses taking advantage of our town. My Kailua brings these issues to the table - from illegal vacation rentals to home invasions to illegal commercial activities on our beaches - My Kailua exposes illegal activities and makes the proper authorities aware!
If you agree that the Admin team of My Kailua is doing a great job please tell them! It's not easy to be an unpaid, under-appreciated target of trolls who hate when community members step up to care for their town.
Mahalo nui for taking the time to read and sign this petition!
Today: Malama Kailua is counting on you
Malama Kailua needs your help with “Ikaika Anderson: Support for the Facebook page My Kailua and its Admin Team”. Join Malama Kailua and 259 supporters today.