Save philanthropist Dr. Govinda KC's Life
0 have signed. Let’s get to 25,000!
Save Dr. Govinda KC’s Life :
Dr. Govinda KC Over 200 Days of hunger strike.
Dr. Govinda KC has been staging an indefinite hunger strike at Ilam a remote district of Nepal. This is his 16th Hunger Strike. He has been on hunger strikes for over 200 days. Being a senior orthopedic surgeon in Teaching Hospital in Kathmandu, Nepal, he is also a crusader for Humanity.
There is an urgent need to resolve the issues that led Dr. Govinda KC to embark on his 16th hunger strike in January this year. Thousands of people have been demonstrating along with him on the streets of Nepal since he started his strike. Dr. KC demands for an accountable government and social justice for people of Nepal.
He demands for affordable quality public education and healthcare. His exact demands to the government are listed below:
1. Dr. KC wants the government to pass a health education act, which will ensure the creation of new medical colleges across the country and restrict the creation of anymore in Kathmandu Valley.
2. Dr. KC wants the government to pass a law which will restrict medical institution from charging students extravagant amount of money, thus lowering the total cost of medical education. In simple a cap on the cost of medical education
3. Dr. KC demands for free higher-level education (colleges & universities) of medicines.
4. Dr. KC demands for the implementation of the Mathema Committee Report on Health Profession Education Policy.
5. Dr. KC demands for the repealing of a bill tabled in parliament that would allow the creation of a new ‘cooperative’ medical colleges in Kathmandu in which 146 parliamentarians are shareholders.
Much of the illegal money in Nepal is made in the Medical Education sector. With high rates of corruption and other illegal activities, it is hard for Dr. Govinda KC to break through the political, bureaucratic, financial, and judicial barriers.
He cannot fight this battle alone so Nepalese people and people from other countries must voice their opinions and force Nepal’s government and parliament to act. Please support Dr. KC’s campaign by signing this petition. Help move Nepal in the direction of social justice, development and responsibilities.
Calling Dr. Govinda KC’s demands “impractical”, Prime Minister KP Sharma Oli has directed Nepal Communist Party (NCP) lawmakers to strongly defend the government’s stance. According to Mr. Oli's government " not all of the fasting surgeon’s concerns can be addressed ". This shows the carelessness and thoughtless actions of Nepal's government towards its citizens. Nepal's government has agreed 15 times to fulfill Dr. KC's demands but has never ever even taken a step towards any change.
PLEASE SUPPORT to Save Dr. GOVINDA KC’s life and HIS FIGHT FOR HUMAN RIGHTS.
#Human Rights #United Nations Human Rights Council #United Nations
Today: Shiva is counting on you
Shiva Prakash needs your help with “Humanrights : Save philanthropist Dr. Govinda KC's Life”. Join Shiva and 15,578 supporters today.