Stop live animal exports from India to other countries!
0 have signed. Let’s get to 50,000!
The Hon’ble Prime Minister
Shri Narendra Bhai Modiji
South Block, New Delhi
Recent decision of Government to export live animals to Middle East for food under the guise of increasing farmers' income created tremors in Rashrtapremis and Ahimsapremis across the globe. The world has always learned lesson of Compassion and Ahimsa from Bharat. This is our glorious ancient culture. But recent decision has reduced our stature.
We wish to provide you the folliwing logical details of how it can’t achieve the objective of doubling the farmers' income ..
1) According APADA ( Govt agency) Our country is the largest exporter of Sheep & Goat meat to the world. We exported 22,060 MT of Sheep & Goat meat to the world worth of Rs. 871cr. during the year 2016-17. Major export is done to UAE., S.A., Qatar & Oman. Per minute around 20 Goats are slaughtered for local consumption and export and still we have failed to increase farmers' income.
2) Export of live Goats for slaughtering is not a new proposal but it’s existed since many years. Why has the farmers' income not increased and why the suicides of farmers have still continued?
3) In the year 2017, Indian Goats were sold in countries like Dubai etc. during EID at approx. Rs.30,000/- per Goat. The same Goats were exported from India at around Rs.3000/- per Goat. Small Pashupalaks do not get above Rs.2500/- per Goat, so they are not beneficiary out of entire concept, thus it’s a failed concept. It Must cease .
4) Sheep, Goats are also shipped from Tuna port regularly in open Ship crafts by sea under horrific conditions of brutality. They are kept almost starved and thus many animals die and suffer enormously during travel. No rules are followed. Why the Govt should allow this?
5) Importer nations inflict horrific cruelty on exported animals, they are roasted live for food. Globally it’s condemned, protested, and appealed to stop live animals export.
6) Goats and Sheeps are environment friendly, its excreta are highly nutritious for the soil and helps in improving productivity of farms. This way Goats are real ecofriendly and supportive to Agrarian community and can truly increase their income.
7) Idea of conserving and preserving is always more sustainable than destroying.
Our contention is that we should not be party to such failed ideas and brutality for few US dollars . We Hindustani always believe in Jivo - Jivasya - Jivanam and not Jiv - Jivasya - Bhojanam. Our endeavor is to maintain and evolve our magnificent ancient traditions.
We pray to you to immediately promulgate notification and gazette it prohibiting export of Live Animals from India. This is also in sharp contravention to your and BJP’s core values and manifesto to scrap Pink Revolution. We The people voted for you on your values, ethos, and principals. it’s your identity.
Trustee and supporting groups of
Green Charitable Trust
Today: Jeevdaya is counting on you
Jeevdaya Premi needs your help with “Honourable Prime : Stop live animal exports from India to other countries!”. Join Jeevdaya and 41,042 supporters today.