Shift Rape Convict Gurmeet Singh to a jail in non-BJP, non-Congress ruled state
0 have signed. Let’s get to 2,500!
Request to shift Rape Convict Baba Gurmeet Singh to a jail in non-BJP, non-Congress ruled state
Baba Gurmeet Singh's rape trial in Haryana has laid bare the unholy nexus between such fraud Godmen and their political friends.
An anonymous letter written to the Prime Minister, Atal Bihari Vajpayee in 2002 by a sadhvi of Dera Sacha Sauda, where she wrote how women inmates were raped and threatened, triggered a long drawn judicial process of 15 years, after which Baba Gurmeet Singh was convicted by CBI Court.
But this journey was not without hurdles.
- An upright courageous journalist, Ramchandra Chhatrapti from Sirsa published the letter in his daily, "Poora Sach". He was threatened repeatedly and finally killed. While he lay in the hospital for 20 days after being wounded, his family kept on asking the police to take his dying declaration, which was never taken, with the obvious intent of scuttling the case. This unfortunate incident happened when Haryana was led by INLD Government. The murder case is pending as yet.
- The two sadhvis who took on the might of Baba also had their share of troubles. While one sadhvi was thrown out of her family since her in-laws were Dera followers, Ranjeet Singh, brother of the other sadhvi was murdered. The murder case is pending in the court of law.
- Taking into consideration the slow pace of investigation, Punjab & Haryana High Court ordered a CBI probe in the matter. The probe was handed over to DIG Mulinja Narayanan in 2007, and he had to immediately face threats from Ram Rahim’s followers and pressure from politicians from Congress.
- It is also important to note that the sadhvis had to come to Ambala court for deposition with barely much protection. The Baba, on the other hand, would depose through Video Conference in Sirsa District Court. There were times that despite such VIP arrangement, Baba would not appear for such hearings.
- The CBI Judge had given a week's time to the Khattar Govt before he pronounced the judgment. Despite this, the Khattar Govt not only allowed the congregation of tens of thousands of Dera supporters in Panchkula, it kept assuring the people that no ammunition or weapons were being allowed in the city of Panchkula.
All the above suggest that successive Governments of Haryana were in collusion with the Baba who enjoys political clout due to the large number of followers who follow his diktat. This was evident as Baba openly threw his weight behind the present elected BJP Government in 2014 Vidhan Sabha elections.
Does it not explain why the Khattar led BJP Government was bending backwards to please the Baba, as his followers flocked Panchkula city? The city saw arson, firearms like AK-47 and petrol bombs were discovered. Vehicles were torched and offices were set on fire.
This led to firing and hence 38 people were reported to be killed. This was completely avoidable. However, the State Government has been claiming credit for maintaining calm within hours.
The claims that the BJP Government has been non-partisan also fall flat as Dera has been allowed even after the arrest of Baba to manage its documents and properties.
Now that Baba Gurmeet Singh is lodged in a jail in Haryana, there is every possibility that he will be running his empire from there owing his clout.
We hence request you that Baba Gurmeet Singh should be transferred to a jail in a non-BJP, non-Congress ruled state to ensure that the courageous stand taken by the two sadhvis, a slain journalist, CBI officials and CBI Judge is upheld as final justice prevails.
Today: SwarajAbhiyan is counting on you
SwarajAbhiyan Panchkula needs your help with “Hon'ble Chief Justice of India: Shift Rape Convict Gurmeet Singh to a jail in non-BJP, non-Congress ruled state”. Join SwarajAbhiyan and 1,712 supporters today.