Ban cow slaughter, amend toothless legislation's - Naresh Kadian
This petition had 2,902 supporters
The Govt. of Haryana going to amend, the Punjab Prohibition of Cow Slaughter Act, 1955 needs public opinion and suggestions.
People for Animals (PFA) Haryana along with Animal Welfare Party suggestions:
1. All crime against cow progeny and animals should be cognizable and non bailable offenses in legal terms.
2. Special fast track courts headed by Session Judge, may kindly be introduced to try and decide, the crime against cow progeny and animals, under time frame policy.
3. No appeal, should lie against convictions under animal welfare laws.
4. Cow progeny and animals shall be prohibited to use as performing animals.
5. Cow progeny and animals can not be treated as goods, they can't travel by weight, because they can shift as per their shape and size.
6. Vehicle be confiscated as Govt. property, if involved in crime against cow progeny and animals, registration be cancelled at once, no superdari be allowed.
7. Vehicle owner also be booked and arrested, in crime against cow progeny and animals.
8. IS:14904:2007 and IS:5238:2001 with IS:5236:1982 specifications and prototype for animal transportation already existed and ineffective in India because, neither vehicle manufacturing companies providing said ISI specified vehicles in open market nor passed by the Competent Authorities and animals are being shifted in goods transport vehicles, with out ISI specifications, hence non ISI vehicles be prohibited to carry animals.
9. Proof of burden on the accused instead of prosecution and pre transport permit be mandatory, as required under section 96 of the Cattle Transport Rules, 1978 amended in 2001, section 94 of Haryana Motor Vehicle Act be implemented, as cognizable and non bailable offense.
10. Cow progeny export from Haryana be prohibited.
11. Section 3 of the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals Act, 1960 be strictly followed by the custodian of cow progeny and animals, if failed then this offense be cognizable and non bailable with strong punishments in legal terms because so called owners of the cow progeny and animals, left them unattended as stray animal.
12. Cow progeny be declared as State animals of Haryana, in domestic animal category, where as Govt. of Bihar adopted ox as state animal.
13. Pension for old, unproductive and disabled cow progeny be introduced.
14. Feeding, treatment, care and shelter charges be framed, as required under section 35 of the Prevention of Cruelty to animals Act, 1960.
15. Male calves of cow progeny needs protection and their services can be utilized for agriculture, manufacturing of panchgavya, vermi compost, bio-gas etc.
16. All offenses against the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals Act, 1960 be cognizable, non bailable with strong punishments, in legal terms, it is further requested to introduce Haryana State Animal Welfare Act, 2015.
17. The Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (Establishment and Regulation of Societies for Prevention of Cruelty to Animals) Rules, 2001 be implemented, State and District level units be notified.
18. Infirmaries be functional, to keep cow progeny and animals, during court trails, which are required under section 35 of the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals Act, 1960.
19. All offenses against the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (Transport of Animals on Foot) Rules, 2001 be cognizable, non bailable in legal terms along with strong punishments, including camel and elephants.
20. The Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (Registration of Cattle Premises) Rules, 1978, The Transport of Animals Rules, 1978, The Prevention of Cruelty to Draught and Pack Animals Rules, 1965, amended 1968 and The Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (Licensing of Farriers) Rules, 1965 also needs amendment.
21. Animal Welfare Board of Haryana along with the Haryana Gau Seva Ayog be constituted under the Chairmanship of Naresh Kadian.
22. Animal rights and their welfare be introduced as subject, in all Educational Institutions, to comply with the article 51 A (g) of Indian Constitution.
23. Animal abuser be directed not to possess the custody of animals during court trials, if convicted then permanently debar the possession of animals till the convicted person last breath, as required under section 29 of the PCA Act, 1960 and prepare animal abusers registry.
24. Ban the import of the machines that are used for the slaughtering of animals / cows? In fact the BJP government has increased the subsidy on the import of these equipments from 6% to 10% may be withdrawn.
25. Implement the National Cattle Commission Report, 2002.
26.Implement the recommendations of the Rajya Sabha Committee on Petitions about ban on meat export from India.
27. Prohibit cow-ox-bull leather, horn and bones items under the purview of Khadi and Village Industries Commission because these are the bio products of slaughter houses, which is a negative list activity.
Today: Animal Welfare Party is counting on you
Animal Welfare Party India needs your help with “HE Governor of Haryana: Ban cow slaughter, amend toothless legislation's - Naresh Kadian”. Join Animal Welfare Party and 2,901 supporters today.