Stop American Hate Preacher from Entering Jamaica
0 have signed. Let’s get to 35,000.
Mr. Steven Anderson is an American hate preacher who has been banned from several countries, including Canada, UK, Botswana and South Africa. He is scheduled to arrive on the island on January 29, 2018
Pastor Anderson is infamous of 5 things:
1. In April 2016, Steven Anderson praised the mass shooting of 49 people in Orlando, Florida USA, stating that there are “50 less pedophiles in the world”. www.winningdemocrates.com/watch-conservative-christian-pastor-calls-for-executing-more-ga-people-after-orlando-mass-shooting/
2. Pastor Steven Anderson has also attacked women asserting that women should not: work, lead in church; be independent; vote; read books of their choice and dress how they want, emphasizing that “men shouldn’t be under the tyranny of women”. Link at www.youtube.com/watch?v=nFaoOKk16lQ
3. In his 2014 sermon, Steven Anderson called for the “execution of gay people by stoning” before Christmas Day.
4. In 2016 he went on air in Botswana stating that gay people should be stoned to death. He was subsequently deported from the country for his hate speech,
5. Steven Anderson also spoke strongly against the use of prescription medication, suggesting that it is wrong and referring to Medical Doctors as sorcerers
These are the messages that Pastor Anderson is bringing to Jamaica. He approves of terrorism, the action that the Government of Jamaica condemned in response to the Orlando Massacre.
Clearly the Pastor has no respect for humanity and his messages go against our democratic ideals and our motto, "Out of many, one people"
Pastor Anderson’s messages attack and demean women, seeing women as second class citizens, unequal to men, discrediting them as holistic beings who are workers, academics and leaders. The Pastor refers to women as “home keepers and not office keepers” and sees women who work as having loose morals. These assertions erase the achievements that the women’s movement in Botswana has made over the years.
By calling for the killing of gay people, Pastor Andersons’ messages are homophobic and condone violence against fellow human beings and a group that is already marginalized.
.We the People, are asking the Jamaican Government to show leadership and stand as an example to fellow Caribbean countries to denounce terrorism.and violence against marginalized groups. .
Today: Jay is counting on you
Jay John needs your help with “Government of Jamaica : Stop American Hate Preacher from Entering Jamaica”. Join Jay and 33,087 supporters today.